cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Way to customize IVR forwarding for different hours?

nickharvey249
Newcomer
Newcomer

We have a setup where there are three users that each have their own IVR option from the main IVR prompt.  E.g. press 1 for Leslie, 2 for Henry, etc.  We also have a #4 option for after hours emergencies. 

We want each of the users to be able to have normal calls, directly to their extensions (1, 2, 3) to go to voicemail after hours.  But if someone presses 4, to go into the Call Queue (which we already have) for after hours. 

I can't change the business hours on the users because then the emergency option doesn't forward to anyone.  And I can't change the business hours on the IVR and use say an "alternate" IVR because Zoom doesn't support multiple IVRs with the same extension. 

How can this be accomplished?

1 REPLY 1

Eliot
Community Champion | Zoom Partner
Community Champion | Zoom Partner

hi nickharvey249,

Zoom provides a lot of flexibility for call routing using auto receptionist(s), IVR(s) and call queue(s).  auto receptionists and call queues themselves must have one extension and may have one or more telephone numbers.  ivr is part of the auto receptionist and does not have its own extension or telephone number.  

To accomplish what you want, you could have an auto receptionist set up for custom business hours (9-5 monday thru friday), closed hours (not business hours) and holiday hours (new year’s day). 

During business hours, incoming calls could be routed to your ivr, i.e. Leslie – press 1, henry – press 2 and nick – press 3. 

During closed hours and holiday hours, emergency calls could be routed to an emergency call queue.  You could designate the members of the emergency call queue and select one or more members to receive calls to the emergency call queue during closed hours and holiday hours.

Please see zoom support articles below.

Managing auto receptionists (zoom.com)

Changing auto receptionist settings (zoom.com)

Creating an interactive voice response system (zoom.com)

Managing call queues (zoom.com)

Changing call queue settings (zoom.com)

Did my response answer your question? If so, please don't forget to mark the reply as an accepted solution.

thanks,  eliot