cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change Call Handling Settings from the App

Ejl
Explorer
Explorer

We really need the ability to change the call handling settings (change the device to ring, hours, spam settings, etc) from the mobile app and the desktop app. I sometimes change where the phone rings (desk phone, laptop, smartphone) depending on where I am. It takes too long to navigate through the menus to get to the main web site to change these settings. There could be simple toggles in the apps. 

A big bonus would be if we could set "profiles" or "locations" where certain settings, ringing devices, DND, statuses, etc could be updated with a shortcut button/toggle in the app, location and/or on a regular schedule or via an iOS shortcut/widget on iPhone.

6 REPLIES 6

Eliot
Community Champion | Zoom Partner

hi ejl,

from from your ios device, you can go to zoom.us and login.  you can access both your personal and admin settings.

from your windows client, you can access both your personal admin settings.  Click your profile picture, select My Profile and your will have both your personal and admin settings.  you may have to sign in to the zoom portal if you are not already signed in.

Did my response answer your question? If so, please don't forget to mark the reply as an accepted solution.

thanks,  eliot

Ejl
Explorer
Explorer

Hi Eliot, thanks for the response. My primary concern is changing devices to ring. I know how to change it through the web portal, but it is cumbersome to have to go to the website, log in, navigate to my personal settings page, scroll down and find the proper section, open the sub menu, toggle the device to ring, then save it. 

I have a bookmark set so it really only takes less than a minute, but this is something that I would think could be easily integrated into all of the native applications. There are toggles for desk phone control in the top right of the zoom phone window; there are options to turn on DND and forward calls right near there; why can't there be a similar icon with toggles to quickly and conveniently change which devices ring? 

I really hope this can be added for major convenience.

Eliot

hi ejl,

i think this is an excellent suggestion. 

zoom is constantly adding features as requested by prospects and existing customers.  zoom needs a good business case to support the request.

here is a sample/template.

This is a sample feature request authored by the Zoom team for community members to reference as an example for a submission

What enhancement would you like implemented? Describe in as much detail as possible, providing specific use cases.
What: We would like the ability to alphabetically sort Contacts/Chats/Channels within a created Zoom Team Chat folder.

Who in your organization will use this functionality?
Who: Not only people from my organization, but all users who work with Zoom Team Chat will benefit from this enhanced functionality.

How will they benefit from it?
How: With the ever growing use of chat, having the ability to sort Zoom Team Chat Contacts/Chats/Channels within a created Zoom Team Chat folder, will give the user a better experience when navigating through a client that has multiple threads to sort through.

Why is this request important to you and how it will achieve your business needs?
Why: By doing so, people within my organization will be able to navigate through Zoom Team chat more seamlessly.

i suggest asking your account manager and SE to submit this feature request to zoom.

thanks,  eliot

I agree with you and will be submitting a feature request to my sales account manager. I have already used the 'Give Feedback' option within the Zoom Workplace desktop app, but I am not counting on that being the best way to get things moving. I am also reaching out to a Zoom VAR to see if they can help expedite this. I think this should be a relatively easy option to add. Of course, as the admin for the organization, I would like to be able to do everything from my iPhone app, but that might be reaching for the stars.

A Zoom admin app (separate app?) would be a great addition. I wonder if that would be too much to ask!

I would prefer to have it within the same app and just open up admin tools or something to that effect.  I will say it's encouraging to see that they add features frequently. It shows  a commitment to keeping the application robust and feature-rich. So right now, I do have hope that our request will be implemented.