cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receiving Zoom Phone call during a regular phone call - Frustrating !!

shlomiunicell
Listener

Hello,

We recently started to use Zoom Phone and some of my users are using it on their mobile devices as well as me.

The biggest problem is that if I'm on a regular call and someone is calling me on Zoom Phone, It doesn't put him on hold, it just calls in the background with the ringtone of Zoom Phone App as well!! I can't even shut it, I just have to mute my phone or reject the phone call which is so frustrating.. This is something so simple to implement, can you guys forward that to the devs?

Thanks..

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

FORE-Craig
Community Champion | Customer

Hi @shlomiunicell 

I understand how this could be very annoying. I would suggest that you submit this as a feature request at zoom.us/feed 

It may already be on the list of things in the pipeline, but another request may help to give it more priority. I would also suggest elaborating about how it differs between iPhone and Android phones, if you have some experience based on what your users have told you.

I hope that helps!

Craig

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

FORE-Craig

Hi @shlomiunicell 

I understand how this could be very annoying. I would suggest that you submit this as a feature request at zoom.us/feed 

It may already be on the list of things in the pipeline, but another request may help to give it more priority. I would also suggest elaborating about how it differs between iPhone and Android phones, if you have some experience based on what your users have told you.

I hope that helps!

Craig

I just sent the request, Hopefully they add it soon 🙂

Thanks

Eliot
Community Champion | Zoom Partner

hi shlomiunicell,

when you are on your mobile phone and get a zoom call on the same mobile call, you have three options displayed on your cell phone.  the options i see displayed on my iphone 12 pro max running ios 16.0:

1.  hold and accept (puts existing call on hold and accepts zoom call)

2.  end and accept (ends existing call and accepts zoom call)

3.  decline (declines zoom call with 'there is no one available to take your call.  please leave your message after the tone.'

do you need something else?

thanks,  eliot

I would like it to:

1. Auto decline the Zoom call if I'm on a regular call. ( inform the caller that I'm on another call somehow )

2. I don't wanna hear the zoom call ringtone sound while I'm on the phone.

that's it.. pretty easy to implement I assume

FORE-Craig

Hi @Eliot 

I understand how you may think that what is happening for you is great! It appears that way for you, because you have Zoom for iOS option "Use CallKit" turned on. It is a nice iPhone only feature for Zoom that will show the Zoom Phone calls using the standard iPhone interface for receiving calls IF the Zoom app is not open on the screen.

The downside of using that option is that all of those calls also appear in the iPhone Call History. For me that mixes my company's calls in with my personal calls, which I don't want. Additionally, to make an outgoing call with Zoom Phone, you still have to go back Zoom app... they can't be initiated with the iPhone's Phone app. It's kind of convoluted in my opinion.

Personally, I decided to turn that option off after seeing that the result was not desirable for me.  If I am busy doing something else on my iPhone, the notification comes down from the top of the screen, and I just dismiss it my swiping it up.

Craig

Eliot

hi craig,

valid points.

i did not even know that my iphone had a call kit and that it was turned on.  

thanks for the education.

appreciate it.

eliot

enielsen
Participant

I get the impression that part of the issue may be that Android doesn't know the Zoom app is a softphone? Don't know about IOS.

Eliot

according to iphone screen shot, the zoom call is identified as a Zoom Audio and shows who is calling. 

rather than automatically declining zoom calls if i am on a mobile call, i want the ability to decide based on who is calling. 

personally, i like the options available.  if i don't want to take the call, i just press Decline which provides a recording and gives caller opportunity to leave a message.

just my personal preference.

Masy554
Listener

I looked for this on various websites including youtube and solved it using to turn off during a call, it can be inconvenient and may lead to accidental touch input. Here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot and potentially fix the issue:-

1. Proximity Sensor Check:-
 -During a call, the proximity sensor on your iPhone should detect when the phone is close to your ear and turn       off the screen to prevent accidental touches. Make sure there's nothing blocking the proximity sensor, such         as  a screen protector or dirt. Wipe the sensor area clean and check if the issue persists.

2. Restart Your iPhone:-
 -A simple restart can often resolve temporary glitches. Turn off your iPhone, wait a few seconds, and then turn      it  back on.

3. Update iOS:-
 -Ensure that your iPhone is running the latest version of iOS. Updates may include bug fixes that can address      issues like this. Go to "Settings" > "General" > "Software Update" to check for updates.

4. Reset Settings:-
 -Resetting all settings on your iPhone can help if the issue is related to a configuration problem. Go to       "Settings" > "General" > "Reset" > "Reset All Settings." Note that this will reset all settings to their default         values,  but it won't delete your data.

By going through these steps, you should be able to identify and resolve the issue with your iPhone screen not turning off during calls.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mo74gt9hs9I&ab_channel=TheGeekPage

michael_b
Listener

Same frustration here. 

Android phones should treat Zoom Phone as a soft phone so it's treated same as making a cell phone call. Skype works this way.