cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frequent poor screenshare video quality and audio lapses on desktop browser

zodedo
Newcomer
Newcomer

Does Zoom provide "normal" (OK) visual/audio quality/consistency on the installed apps but not on desktop browser? I prefer the browser for now because I don't need the app, and often my meetings include desktop screenshares which are necessary to work through many problems. These are just not viable on mobile devices, and I don't need Zoom apps data mining my devices anyway or using up excessive CPU/RAM/data (especially when I'm not using them).

Anyway, very consistently during meetings, regardless of desktop computer, in Chrome or Edge (nobody I work with uses Firefox or others), on Windows or Mac, when viewing screenshares, video goes low-quality maybe every 7-30 seconds, so text becomes blurry and sometimes characters are indistinguishable. This has caused frustration with other members. 

Another problem is audio of the speaker just drops off for about 7 seconds every 1-3 minutes. It's very frustrating for everyone as I have to ask them to repeat the last sentence. I also get warnings of Low Bandwidth or Unstable Network Connection. I have yet to find any issue consistently like this with other websites or apps or speed tests.

My internet speed tests are 80-120 Mbps download and 10-25 upload consistently (usually on the high end), so I don't see an internet problem. The problem just appears to be with Zoom. The meetings are between 6am and 9pm, some regular, some not, so I don't think it's a congestion issue.

I haven't tested with the Zoom app for Windows, and I'd prefer not to. I watch and listen to many audio/video streaming platforms through the same computers and browsers without the same issues I experience through Zoom. It just feels like Zoom is being inefficient or inept here.

0 REPLIES 0