Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No audio in call

fisher
Newcomer
Newcomer

Hello everybody. I have a problem,

My headphones and microphone work fine when I do anything except zoom calls. Even when I use zoom meetengs or go into settings to test my microphone and audio - everything works very well. But as soon as I press the call button - it goes dead. I can't hear the party, the party can't hear me - it's just a vacuum, even when I say something the microphone on/off button shows that my microphone volume is there, BUT - still a vacuum. When I listen to the recording of this conversation - it turns out that someone was talking to me, and there was even the sound of a bell ringing, although I couldn't be heard....

Reinstalling the app, changing settings, restarting the computer - nothing helps.

Please help me because it`s really important for me,

Thank you !

5 REPLIES 5

Eliot
Community Champion | Zoom Partner

hi fisher,

knowing some basics of your zoom phone environment may help troubleshoot.

What make and model of headphones and microphones are you using?

Are these devices USB connected or wireless such as Bluetooth or DECT?

What desktop computer are you using?

Is it windows 11, macos, linux, etc.?

What zoom client or app version are you using?

Please see zoom support articles:

Testing device audio for Zoom Phone *8378

https://support.zoom.com/hc/en/article?id=zm_kb&sysparm_article=KB0060154

The Zoom desktop client for macOS and Windows, as well as the Zoom Web App, supports the following USB devices. If your audio device is on this list, enable the Sync buttons on headset setting in your audio settings. Otherwise, disable the setting.

Supported USB HID devices for the Zoom desktop client

https://support.zoom.com/hc/en/article?id=zm_kb&sysparm_article=KB0064819

Did my response answer your question? If so, please don't forget to mark the reply as an accepted solution.

thanks,  eliot

It is regular HyperX, connected via USB to the computer. I have Windows 10 and Zoom desktop version is 6.0.11 (39959). Unfortunately the attached topics do not help me. The issue is still the same

Eliot

hi fisher,

Since your hyperx headphones worked with a previous zoom workplace for windows client, you could try 6.1.0 release due June 17, 2024.  Also, please note that Zoom Phone is being updated June 16, 2024 and some Zoom Phones updates are dependent on Zoom Workplace that is being updated the next day. 

If the new zoom workplace and zoom phone releases do not work with hyperx, you could ask zoom support to provide the previous release that did work with hyperx.  As you may know, zoom is frequently updating clients and apps to mitigate possible security issues.  For this reason, I personally would be hesitant to use anything but the latest available clients and apps.

Release notes for Windows (zoom.com)

Release notes for Zoom Phone

thanks,  eliot

Eliot

hi fisher,

since hperx is not on zoom's list of supported usb hid devices, you might contact hyperx for assistance.

also, you might try disable synch buttons on headset setting in your zoom audio settings.

thanks, eliot

Already tried to disable synch buttons on headset setting in my zoom audio settings - it does not help. I still have this problem.

before I updated zoom to last version (called zoom “workplace”) everything worked properly and I had no problems.

How HyperX support can help me fix Zoom ? ( : 

HyperX working in YouTube. They are working in games. They are working even if I’m in regular ZOOM Meeting(there microphone and audio working properly)