cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is boundary framing working for anyone with auto-framing?

neve
Contributor II
Contributor II

I just noticed a few new camera features have rolled out and I thought I'd try them.

First, we finally can rename cameras without using regedit!

Boundary framing promises to solve a problem I have in several of my rooms. I have a camera at the back of the room which zooms way in on a speaker at a podium. Sometimes speakers wander off to point at the big screen, so if the camera could follow them, that would be great!
I went through the process documented on this Zoom KB and the setup went well once I found the tiny "set camera boundary" button. I zoomed in on the area where a speaker might wander, walked around, confirmed head tracking. It was looking great.

I then tried it in a meeting. I started with manual framing, zoomed in as usual. I switched to auto-framing and nothing changed. I wandered off to one side and the camera zoomed all the way out (bad). I stood in my new position within the area I had set, and the camera zoomed back in eventually. I walked back to the podium, and again the camera zoomed all the way out, and never moved again. All the way out is useless for the viewer.

This is a AVer Cam 540 with Zoom running on a Win11 PC.

0 REPLIES 0