Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Include company name in outgoing phone calls & SMS messages

dc_Tax_LLC
Explorer
Explorer

I have Zoom Phone package.

Zoom Workplace, Version: 6.1.11 (45504)

I would like my company name to appear in the call recipient's Caller ID when making an outbound call.  I would also like to include it at the bottom of SMS texts, maybe with the "Reply STOP to cancel. Reply HELP for help." message that's generated.

I am sure I missed something, but I have looked through the settings, googled results, Zoom help & Zoom Community and can't seem to find out how to do either.

Thank you,

David

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Eliot
Community Champion | Zoom Partner

hi david,

If you have not already set up SMS and 10DLC compliance, please see zoom support articles below.

Setting up SMS (zoom.com)

Setting up Zoom SMS with 10DLC Compliance for conversational messaging

Frequently asked questions about SMS (zoom.com)

If you have not entered your business caller id name in your zoom phone company information, please see below:

How to change the main company or site caller ID name

The caller ID name is displayed all outbound calls from the organization. If have multiple sites, you need to change the caller ID name for each site. You cannot change the caller ID names of individual users.

Note:

Your caller ID is only applied to US and Canada phone numbers.

Receiving parties will not see the new caller ID right away because of the process to determine your outbound caller ID name. It can take around 3 weeks for the new caller ID name to be updated for external providers.

Even with multiple sites, your organization can only have one main company number. The caller ID name of the main site will be applied to the main company number.

Sign in to the Zoom web portal.

In the navigation menu, click Phone System Management then Company Info.

Follow one of these options depending on if you have multiple sites:

If you enabled multiple sites: Click the name of the site you want to edit, then click the Profile tab.

If you disabled multiple sites: Follow step 4.

In the Caller ID Name section, click Change next to the current caller ID name.

Enter a new caller ID name and click Save.

Note: The caller ID name has the following restrictions.

Maximum of 15 characters

Displays with all uppercase letters regardless of how you specify it in Zoom Phone

Cannot contain any special characters

Managing the main company number and caller ID (zoom.com)

How is the caller ID name determined on outbound calls from Zoom Phone?

The caller ID name on outbound calls is determined by the Zoom Phone admin.

Notes:

The caller ID name is only applied to US and Canada phone numbers.

Zoom Phone will attempt to apply the caller ID name to US/CA toll numbers. This is a "best effort" service with limitations. There are no technical criteria when the specified caller ID name will be applied to a toll number.

The caller ID name applies to the entire organization or site. The admin cannot apply a different caller ID names for individual phone users.

Phone users can hide their caller ID name and number.

In the US, the caller ID name that is displayed to the receiving party is determined by the phone service that is receiving the call, not the phone service where the call is originating. The phone service that is receiving the call relies on a caller ID name database to match the incoming caller ID number with a caller ID name. In the US, only the caller ID number is passed along to the receiving phone service so it's up to them to match the number with a caller ID name.

Note that this may work differently depending on your country.

Frequently asked questions about caller ID (zoom.com)

You may be interested in enhanced/ branded caller id available vendors such as:

Hiya: Caller ID, Call Blocker & Protection for a Better Voice Experience

Branded Communication Solutions - First Orion - Caller ID Reimagined

TNS_ProdSheet_EnhancedCallerID_v2 (tnsi.com)

Did my response answer your question? If so, please don't forget to mark the reply as an accepted solution.

thanks, eliot

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Eliot

hi david,

If you have not already set up SMS and 10DLC compliance, please see zoom support articles below.

Setting up SMS (zoom.com)

Setting up Zoom SMS with 10DLC Compliance for conversational messaging

Frequently asked questions about SMS (zoom.com)

If you have not entered your business caller id name in your zoom phone company information, please see below:

How to change the main company or site caller ID name

The caller ID name is displayed all outbound calls from the organization. If have multiple sites, you need to change the caller ID name for each site. You cannot change the caller ID names of individual users.

Note:

Your caller ID is only applied to US and Canada phone numbers.

Receiving parties will not see the new caller ID right away because of the process to determine your outbound caller ID name. It can take around 3 weeks for the new caller ID name to be updated for external providers.

Even with multiple sites, your organization can only have one main company number. The caller ID name of the main site will be applied to the main company number.

Sign in to the Zoom web portal.

In the navigation menu, click Phone System Management then Company Info.

Follow one of these options depending on if you have multiple sites:

If you enabled multiple sites: Click the name of the site you want to edit, then click the Profile tab.

If you disabled multiple sites: Follow step 4.

In the Caller ID Name section, click Change next to the current caller ID name.

Enter a new caller ID name and click Save.

Note: The caller ID name has the following restrictions.

Maximum of 15 characters

Displays with all uppercase letters regardless of how you specify it in Zoom Phone

Cannot contain any special characters

Managing the main company number and caller ID (zoom.com)

How is the caller ID name determined on outbound calls from Zoom Phone?

The caller ID name on outbound calls is determined by the Zoom Phone admin.

Notes:

The caller ID name is only applied to US and Canada phone numbers.

Zoom Phone will attempt to apply the caller ID name to US/CA toll numbers. This is a "best effort" service with limitations. There are no technical criteria when the specified caller ID name will be applied to a toll number.

The caller ID name applies to the entire organization or site. The admin cannot apply a different caller ID names for individual phone users.

Phone users can hide their caller ID name and number.

In the US, the caller ID name that is displayed to the receiving party is determined by the phone service that is receiving the call, not the phone service where the call is originating. The phone service that is receiving the call relies on a caller ID name database to match the incoming caller ID number with a caller ID name. In the US, only the caller ID number is passed along to the receiving phone service so it's up to them to match the number with a caller ID name.

Note that this may work differently depending on your country.

Frequently asked questions about caller ID (zoom.com)

You may be interested in enhanced/ branded caller id available vendors such as:

Hiya: Caller ID, Call Blocker & Protection for a Better Voice Experience

Branded Communication Solutions - First Orion - Caller ID Reimagined

TNS_ProdSheet_EnhancedCallerID_v2 (tnsi.com)

Did my response answer your question? If so, please don't forget to mark the reply as an accepted solution.

thanks, eliot

I also wanted to thank you for your thorough answer to my questions!  I think the issue with Caller ID may just be in waiting a little longer for it all to process.  I will check out those "enhanced caller ID" sites though.

Thank you again, Eliot!  

Sincerely, 

David

Eliot

my pleasure.

eliot