cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message Only Extension and IVR Set Up

MaggieP
Explorer
Explorer

Hello, we recently ported all our numbers to Zoom and everything seems to be performing as expected, with one exception.  We had a message-only extension with our previous provider, there is no phone number assigned to the user, who has a basic Zoom phone license assigned.  

I set up our IVR, assigned a placeholder user extension and now want to edit that to ring the voicemail extension.  When I try to set the key action as Forward to User I receive this error message "This feature requires a Zoom Phone Metered, Unlimited, or Pro plan."

I do not want to assign a license for an extension only to collect voicemails.

Short story, I need to be able to route to voicemail using IVR for an account with a basic license.

Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong, or offer a solution?

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

MaggieP
Explorer
Explorer

Apparently this is not possible, per Zoom Customer support: "

This is Ivy from Zoom Support, following up.

Per our back-end support, we have no way to route voicemails to a basic Zoom Phone account/user. The account must have a Zoom Phone license. Let me share this article for your reference.
https://support.zoom.com/hc/en/article?id=zm_kb&sysparm_article=KB0068876"

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Welcome to the Zoom Community, @MaggieP.

I’m not the Zoom Phone expert, but I’m pretty sure you don’t want to ring the voicemail line, You just want it to go to that line’s voice mail. Be sure your assignment dialog looks similar to this:

Ray_Harwood_0-1726122966921.png

and not this:

Ray_Harwood_1-1726123101314.png

Note that this user is assigned a Phone Basic license. 

Ray - Need Zoom Events/Sessions Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

Hello Ray,

Thank you for helping me.  I set the key to Leave Voicemail to User using the basic licensed user as the target.  Unfortunately, I still receive the same error message.  I tried to insert the screen capture, and could not attach a file or insert an image.  

I will also try contacting support.

Have a great day,

MaggieP

MaggieP
Explorer
Explorer

Apparently this is not possible, per Zoom Customer support: "

This is Ivy from Zoom Support, following up.

Per our back-end support, we have no way to route voicemails to a basic Zoom Phone account/user. The account must have a Zoom Phone license. Let me share this article for your reference.

MaggieP
Explorer
Explorer

Apparently what I wanted to do is not possible:

"This is Ivy from Zoom Support, following up.