cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to zoom phone

alexbacon
Newcomer
Newcomer

I'm new and I'm not sure if I'm asking the question incorrectly in the search.  I'm currently on the US/CA unlimited plan with just 1 number and 1 number is all I need.  I just ported my business number over to Zoom and as a single number it's working fine.  I was hoping to set it up so that it would be more of a business set up.  I'm trying to figure out how to set up 3 things and I'm not sure how and/or if I'm able to.  

1.  When a client calls they get the option of dialing an ext or if they don't know an extension they go to "Customer Service"  and I'd like that to ring to multiple extension if possible.  I'm guessing I messed it up because when I enabled the auto reception I just received leave a message if you don't know the extension.  I don't want the call just dropped because they don't now an extension. 

2.  The few employee's I'd like to give access should be able to call from my zoom line and again only show the business line.  

3.  Is there a way to create group lines?  i.e ext 105 marketing and it rings two people, sales 106 and it rings sales yada yada.  

4. it doesn't seem so but if I am able to set up the receptionist part does that mean texting will no longer work? 

Thank you for any help. 

Alex

1 REPLY 1

Eliot
Community Champion | Zoom Partner
Community Champion | Zoom Partner

Hi alex,

Texting.  To use SMS (texting), you need one of these:

1.   a phone number assigned to a licensed user with a calling plan such as US/CA,
  2. Zoom Power Pack licenses, or
  3. Zoom Contact Center licenses.

Since you assigned your one number to your auto receptionist, I do not think SMS will work.

Setting up SMS (zoom.com)

Setting up call queue or auto receptionist SMS (zoom.com)

Outgoing Calls.   To be able to make outgoing calls, each user must be licensed with a calling plan such as US/CA.  All users call use as their caller-id number your company caller-id number assigned to your auto receptionist.

Making and receiving calls (zoom.com)

Incoming Calls.  You can configure your auto receptionist with interactive voice response (IVR) to route calls to call queues such as marketing call queue and sales call queue.  You can assign users to one or more call queues.  You can set up different routing for business hours and after hours.

Managing auto receptionists (zoom.com)

Managing call queues (zoom.com)

Licensing.  US/CA calling plans come with one local telephone number.  In addition, you can get additional numbers, i.e. in US it costs USD 5.00 /month.

Plans & Pricing for Zoom Phone | Zoom

Did my response answer your question? If so, please don't forget to mark the reply as an accepted solution.

thanks,  eliot