cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't delete cloud recordings on the Basic Plus plan?

adusia95
Newcomer
Newcomer

I'm on the Zoom Basic Plus plan which gives me 4 extensions of 40-min meetings per month + 1 gb of cloud storage. That said, I can't seem to figure out how to delete cloud recordings?

The options that were there when I was paying for the pro plan simply aren't there now. I used to be able to go into recordings and check the box next to the ones I wanted to delete. I don't have that option anymore. When I click on the 3 dots to delete from there, "delete" isn't in the menu. It only allows me to download. Help!

6 REPLIES 6

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Welcome to the Zoom Community, @adusia95.

As a Community volunteer, I don't have access to your account, but I've asked someone in Zoom's Billing department to look into this.  If you have not yet submitted a support ticket, please do so as follows:

1. Log into your account at https://zoom.us 
  2. Click this link:
    https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/requests/new
  3. For request type, choose Billing & Account Management
  4. Complete the form with as much information as you can.  You might also enter the URL for this post so they can see your request here on the Community.
  5. Let us know here when you've done this, and someone will follow up with you

If you have already submitted a ticket to Billing & Account Management on this, no need to do another.

Thanks for your patience.

Ray - Need Zoom Events/Sessions Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

Thanks, Ray. I submitted a ticket.

S_K
Community Champion | Employee
Community Champion | Employee

Hi @adusia95 

After a bit of research, I found that you will have the ability to delete cloud recordings if the limit is exceeded. It seems there is a 7-day grace period, and you would receive a notification when you reach 1 GB.

Thanks, S_K. But does that mean I could potentially not be able to record / save a meeting if my storage is almost full and the new recording would put me over capacity? 😕

I don't understand why I can't just delete recordings as necessary like on all the other plans...

mattt-arnolddd
Explorer
Explorer

I hear you, adusia95! Basic Plus doesn't offer in-platform deletion for cloud recordings. But there's a workaround. You can move them to trash and manage them from there.

Here's how:

1. Go to Recordings > Cloud Recordings.
  2. Tick the boxes next to recordings you want to delete.
  3. Click "Delete Selected" (top right). This sends them to trash.

Recordings stay in trash for 30 days before permanent deletion. You can also recover them from trash if needed.

Matt -- I don't have those options. I cannot tick a box next to any recording to trash it. That's the problem.