cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Audio problem

Helgi
Newcomer
Newcomer

I do have a problem with external devices audio.

When I try to use as audio device an headset plugged with a jack or headphones connected with blootooth the audio doesn't work or the volume stay extremely low even if it's set at maximum level. My audio devices work prefectly with every other software. I followed all the troubleshooting from Zoom but nothing worked.

When I test the audio it start for a fraction of second at a very good level to drop immediatly at a sound level that is almost imperceptible.

I tryed to disinstall and reinstall zoom but nothing change. Every device that I try create the same problem.

All the privacy setting etc are weel done but still no solution. is there anyone with the same problem or someone that can help?

9 REPLIES 9

bstrelko
Community Champion | Customer

Does the issue persist regardless of whether or not the 'automatically adjust microphone volume' box is checked?

bstrelko_0-1698081646307.png

Please test with the box ticked and unticked and confirm - thanks!

Helgi
Newcomer
Newcomer

unfortunatly it doesn't hange anything. always the same problem. It's sounds like it's my hardware broken but the porblem appears only with Zoom

kbuke
Newcomer
Newcomer

r u still having this issue as I believe I am having a similar one. My mic and stuff work, however the speakers don't. I cant hear anything the person im speaking to is saying. However my speakers work fine everywhere else

yes i still have the same problem and couldn't find any solution yet. if there is anyone in this community who knows how to solve it please help us

thank you

bstrelko

To start, can you please confirm which OS (with version) you're using and which version of Zoom Client you have installed?

Hi,

I'm using Windows 11 Home and I am using Zoom (Release notes of 5.16.6 (24712))

bstrelko

Got it. Every audio device you've tried on this machine experiences the same issue, correct? Can you provide a list of devices you've tried thus far?

Also, have you attempted to toggle advanced audio settings via Control Panel -> Sound including 'Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device', 'loudness equalization', etc? I can send some more info if you're interested in checking these settings out.

Yes, I did try to toggle advanced settings with a Zoom tutorial but it didn't solve the problem.
I have tried two different headsets pugged with a jack (both of them were headset for mobile phones -earbuds with mic) and Bluetooth over-hear headphones with integrated mic.
I have the same problem with all of them even if with other apps such as Google Meet or Microsoft Teams they work perfectly.

bstrelko

This is a different issue than the one described - please post in a new thread for support!