cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KB for Routing Rules and Number pattern.

Yogesh_vrtx
Attendee

Hi Team, 

Can someone share the KB for Routing Rules and Number pattern in zoom phone. 

I need to understand the routing rule, Number Pattern and meaning of Translation in this section. 

Can someone brief me  and few scenarios as exact match or approximate match rule. 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

sachinzoom
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi there,

You can use routing rules to convert 4 digit extension to 10 digit extensions. Here is an illustration. 

sachinzoom_0-1675636653864.png

Hope that helps

View solution in original post

sachinzoom

Hi Yogesh,

We do standard regex and as I shared the link in my response to you above, you can use the online regex  tool. Posting again for you and its very straightforward, once you start using it.

• Number Pattern:  The regular expression number pattern that will be “matched” when searching the routing rules.  Administrators can also use the “test” functionality to test if a potential call will match the routing rule. This link is a great tool to test and troubleshoot matching Called Numbers using regular expressions.

If this response helps, please accept the answer as an accepted solution, so others can benefit as well.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

enielsen
Participant

If you find any good info on this, will be good as I haven't seen anything, but haven't looked hard for it as do not need it currently!

BeckyBo
Listener

looking for the same...not a whole lot out there...that I

can find...

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360039141752-Comparison-of-call-routing-methods

Thanks for the document, but it will not help to solve the query. 

My query is regarding number pattern configuration under routing rule.  

sachinzoom

Hi Yogesh, Becky, Eric,

Directory backup routing rules ( now just called routing rules ) are a series of administratively defined regular expressions that administrators use to route digits or digit strings to a particular Premises Peering PBX destination and if necessary translate called numbers.  Directory backup routing rules can be viewed and managed by navigating to Phone System Management -> Company Info -> Account Settings -> Routing Rules in the Zoom administration portal.  Routing Rules are matched in a top-down order.  The following are parameters of a routing rule: 

• Level:  Specifies what users have access to dial the routing rule.  Administrators can set routing rules to be on an account level or per site basis. Site level rules are processed before Account level rules.
  • Order:  Identifies the sequence in which the routing rule will be considered for a match.  Routing rules are matched in a top-down order.
  • Name/Routing Rule:  Administratively defined name of the routing rule.
  • Number Pattern:  The regular expression number pattern that will be “matched” when searching the routing rules.  Administrators can also use the “test” functionality to test if a potential call will match the routing rule. This link is a great tool to test and troubleshoot matching Called Numbers using regular expressions.
  • Translation (optional):  When necessary, administrators may translate called numbers before the call is sent to the routing path.  Administrators can also use the “test” functionality to test if a potential call will match the routing rule.
  • Routing Path:  Administrators may specify PSTN or SIP trunks as the routing path for the specified routing rule.

Typically RR’s are used in hybrid environments in order to enable internal extension dialing by Zoom Phone users/devices in order to reach the internal PBX users/devices whilst keeping the call on-net and avoid PSTN toll charges.

Hope that helps.

If this helps, please accept the answer as an accepted solution.

Hi @sachinzoom  thanks for the Information, very helpful.

As you mention in another post, using $ in last in the number pattern can use to convert 4 digit extension to 10 digit extensions. 

Do you have any documentation which will brief about these expression and what is the meaning of these expression, so we will get better idea which expression to use when or in which scenario to full fill the requirement.  

sachinzoom

Hi Yogesh,

We do standard regex and as I shared the link in my response to you above, you can use the online regex  tool. Posting again for you and its very straightforward, once you start using it.

• Number Pattern:  The regular expression number pattern that will be “matched” when searching the routing rules.  Administrators can also use the “test” functionality to test if a potential call will match the routing rule. This link is a great tool to test and troubleshoot matching Called Numbers using regular expressions.

If this response helps, please accept the answer as an accepted solution, so others can benefit as well.

Boyan
Attendee

Hi sachinzoom, thanks for the post, very helpful. I love regular expressions but those usually solve large pool of use cases - a catch all or as we old timers know it - the assterisk. I'm looking for basic translations, just like in the olden day, xlate 4 digit extension into 10DLC, how do I go by doing that?

I don't want to treat each xlate as unique regular expression that happens to be way too specific - I will end up with hundreds of rules in the routing section. Is there another vehicle to achieve such translation? 

sachinzoom

Hi there,

You can use routing rules to convert 4 digit extension to 10 digit extensions. Here is an illustration. 

sachinzoom_0-1675636653864.png

Hope that helps

Do we have any option on zoom phone for number manipulation. / Translation .. means if user dial 1234 it should get transferred to 5678 for incoming calls only ?? within Zoom and for external calls too ??

Zil
Listener

Hi, @sachinzoom!

In my Zoom account, the option to select SIP groups in the path does not appear, only PSTN. Do I have to open a support ticket? I'm using Zoom phone in Brazil!