cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

phone doesnt work to a specific client

nickchiechi
Newcomer
Newcomer

Hello, I am having trouble making calls to a specifc client organization. All other calls go through. Any thoughts?

5 REPLIES 5

Vinnie
Community Champion | Customer

Can you provide more specific details? What error you get, etc.

In my experience, when I have seen something similar, is because the number you are calling from is being blocked/rejected at the destination in which case there is very little you can do.
1) If that client/organization has more than one number, try those as well and if you get the same result (Call not going through, etc.) then it is something at the Receiving Telco End most likely. 
2) Open a case with Zoom and report the issue explaining the situation. They will require you to provide an fresh call example (within the last 24 hours or so) but in my experience, just make a call that you know will fail while you are opening the ticket with Zoom so it get "fresher" than that.

nickchiechi
Newcomer
Newcomer

Thank you for your response. Bascially, it seems I am blocked from making calls to them. When I dial from zoom, the call does not go through, it just disconnects. This situation happens on all the extensions in this company.

Vinnie

What happens if you Call Out but "Hiding" the Caller ID? Do you get the same result?

If you can call everywhere else fine, the issue is most likely located toward the destination, or some Telco Routing issue in the path toward the destination:
You need to report this to Zoom (Open a ticket) and ask them to follow up; it is very likely you need to contact the other end you are trying to call and they might need to open a ticket with their TELCO as well.

Although I don't know if you are in the same situation, this has happened to me and the issue ended up to be with the destination TELCO (provider of the company I was trying to call) and they (the other company) had to open a ticket with their own Telco to Discover and Fix the problem: It turned out to be an inter-TELCO Routing problem.

nickchiechi
Newcomer
Newcomer

HI Vinnie, I believe this fixes this issue, hiding ID #. Appreciate your help

Vinnie

I am not sure I would call this a solution; it seems there is a latent issue with your number routing calls toward that particular destination, or your number is being blocked, but I am glad this workaround is helping. You never know for how long it will work so, if this client is important and you don't mind my suggestion, I strongly advise to proactively open a ticket to discover what is going on.