Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Select An Alternative Host When Scheduling

mlbooking
Newcomer
Newcomer

Hello,

I am at the admin level on a pro account. I have set up a Zoom scheduler for an upcoming series of interviews, but I am not able to switch the meetings to an alternative host. I need to be able to do this.

How can I update the alternative host to another user, like the account owner? It doesn't give me the option to add anyone both under the already scheduled meeting, or when I start a new meeting.

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4

colegs
Community Champion | Employee

@mlbooking - You can't switch the owner of a meeting, but if you edit the meeting and go to the bottom, you should be able to see an 'Options' link, and if you open that you can add an alternative host (from the same account) who can run the meeting for you.

Once the meeting starts, you would have to make them co-host, or transfer the host to them when you leave the meeting.

Thanks for the reply! It seems like I don't have access to that option - nothing shows up like that under Options. Just:

Allow participants to join anytime
Mute participants upon entry
Automatically record meeting on the local computer
Approve or block entry to users from specific regions/countries

However, I just found under Settings > Other that there is a scheduling privileges section and I am not allowed to schedule for anyone. Perhaps the account owner needs to give me those privileges? Thanks!

colegs

There is a difference between Scheduling Privilege and Alternative Host, but that may be what you are looking for.

Thanks, this looks helpful!