cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom room does not get join option

carlson1
Explorer
Explorer

We have several rooms at our org, however one does not get the option to join a Zoom meeting from the controller.  It lists the meeting just fine, and can create its own, but there is no join option when it has been sent an invite.  If I launch the meeting from my PC, I can invite the room again and it will work.  If I launch an instant meeting from the controller, it will work.

I'm stumped, any thoughts?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Success!

After following the rabbit hole you sent me down about the zoom room calendar itself, I found that it hadn't been setup as documented here: https://support.zoom.com/hc/en/article?id=zm_kb&sysparm_article=KB0063474#collapseWeb

Specifically, I made sure the service account was a delegate (it was on the account, not on the calendar), as well as running the command 

Set-CalendarProcessing -Identity CalendarResource -AddOrganizerToSubject $false -OrganizerInfo $true -DeleteComments $false -DeleteSubject $false -RemovePrivateProperty $false

Now this room's behavior mirrors the other one.  Thanks for putting me on the right track!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

bstrelko
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Can you first provide the make/model of the device you're using as a Zoom Rooms Controller?

Please also let us know what version of Zoom Rooms this is running.

To clarify, is the issue that you don't see a generic 'Join' button on the controller that will allow you to manually join any meeting or that you don't get the join option for specific meetings shown on the room's calendar via the controller?

If the latter, it sounds as though the Zoom meeting from the calendar invite is not getting parsed correctly. Are you able to view the room's calendar (in Google/Outlook/whatever is being used as the master calendar resource) and confirm that the Zoom meeting is showing on that appointment?

Screenshots are helpful - please be sure to remove any sensitive or personally identifying info!

Hi there, thanks for the quick reply, but the notification went to my junk folder 😛

Controller is 

Platform OS: iPadOS 14.4
APP Version: 5.17.0 (2142)
PC is running: 5.17.1 

The issue is I do not see a Join button for the specific meeting.  Like I said, i can host a meeting from the controller no problem, I can join the meeting in progress if I send an invite *again* after the meeting has started, it just seems to be missing the join button.  See attached.

I looked into the calendar in Exchange, and it appears to be accepting the invite, responding to the sender, and deleting the email.  However, when it does this, it does not pull in the any of the meeting info, just the title.  The other calendar does NOT delete the invite, nor send a response, but all meeting info is there.

Is this a problem with setup?  Both are resource calendars with the same settings as far as I can tell.  Sorry, I inherited this

Success!

After following the rabbit hole you sent me down about the zoom room calendar itself, I found that it hadn't been setup as documented here: https://support.zoom.com/hc/en/article?id=zm_kb&sysparm_article=KB0063474#collapseWeb

Specifically, I made sure the service account was a delegate (it was on the account, not on the calendar), as well as running the command 

Set-CalendarProcessing -Identity CalendarResource -AddOrganizerToSubject $false -OrganizerInfo $true -DeleteComments $false -DeleteSubject $false -RemovePrivateProperty $false

Now this room's behavior mirrors the other one.  Thanks for putting me on the right track!