cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

View DND from BLF or Other way?

RyanLe
Newcomer
Newcomer

How can my Office Manager - see from her phone if someone put their Phone on DND?  Can the BLF change ? or what are the options? We are using VVX Poly Phones. 

1 REPLY 1

Eliot
Community Champion | Zoom Partner
Community Champion | Zoom Partner

hi ryanle,

zoom phone blf does not take dnd status of remote desk phone into account. 

How to use busy lamp field (BLF)

Note

• Make sure you set up BLF and have a desk phone that supports it.
  • This section serves as a generic explanation of icons and lights for BLF. These icons and lights are defined by the desk phone manufacturer. Different models/manufacturers have different ways of showing status. Visit the manufacturer's support website to learn more about using BLF on your desk phone.

After setting up BLF, you will notice the following indicator lights for your BLF lines:

Pattern and colorDescription
Solid greenPhone user is not on a call
Solid redPhone user is on a call 

https://support.zoom.com/hc/en/article?id=zm_kb&sysparm_article=KB0064051

according to zoom support article, the only synching done is to your desktop client and mobile app.

DND presence status sync

Setting DND on the following certified IP Phones will sync the presence state to your desktop and/or mobile client:

• AudioCodes:
    • 445HD, 450HD, C450HD

• RX50

•  Poly:
    • Egde E series
    • VVX 150, VVX 250, VVX 350, VVX 450
  • Yealink:
    • T31G, T31P, T33G, T42S, T43U, T46S, T46U, T48S, T48U, T53, T53W, T54W, T56A, T57W, T58A, T58W
    • VP59

did not work for me, but maybe there is some option i need to set.

Supported desk phone features - Zoom Support

poly does support blf dnd status for remote desk phones but zoom needs to implement it.

https://docs.poly.com/bundle/vvx-ip-ug-6-4-3/page/monitor-blf-for-dnd-state.html

my suggestion is to discuss with your zoom account executive and support engineer about adding  this feature.  you can also, submit a feature request by using zoom.us/feedback.  i think it is an excellent idea and have submitted a feature request and suggest that you do the same.  in your feature request, be sure to explain why this feature will help you.

Did my response answer your question? If so, please don't forget to mark the reply as an accepted solution.

thanks,

eliot