cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After Hours Emergency Line option

willw
Newcomer
Newcomer

I would like to know how I can setup a separate line appearance on phones that could ring if this number is called, even if the phone has business hours setup.  The scenario is as follows:  We have times when employees might need to get ahold of someone that is still in office outside of normal office hours.  The phones are setup for business hours of 8am-5pm, and if you call the number of that phone after hours, it does not ring and goes to VM.  We would like to have a priority line that would ring on certain phones no matter the time of day and if business hours are setup on that line. 

Is this possible and if so, how could I do this?

If not, is there a work around solution that could be used as an emergency line that would ring on several phones so it could be heard after hours?

2 REPLIES 2

Eliot
Community Champion | Zoom Partner
Community Champion | Zoom Partner

hi willw,

you could set up a call queue with an external number.  the users of the certain phones you want to ring could be members of this call queue.  whenever the external number of this queue is called, the phones of these call queue members could be set up to ring.  if you only want calls coming in between 5pm and 8am, you could use a ivr connected to call queue.  instead of assigned the external number to the call queue, you would assign the external number to the ivr.

https://support.zoom.com/hc/en/article?id=zm_kb&sysparm_article=KB0063150

Did my response answer your question? If so, please don't forget to mark the reply as an accepted solution.

thanks,  eliot

Thank you.  If we wanted the call to ring at all time, 24hr, would the IVR option work?  Following what you said would be to

1. Assign a number to a new afterhours IVR
  2. Connect the IVR to the call queue
  3. Assign the phones as members of that call queue

Making sure I followed you correctly?  How does the IVR option bypass the local phone business hours setting?  I thought that the phone time setting would become the primary in all cases.