Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone video during meeting

Kkrane
Explorer
Explorer

Hi,

I had a three day event during which we needed to use an iPhone for close up video.

During the meeting, all other participants could see the video, but the video is not showing up in my recording.

Is there a way to recover this close up second camera [iPhone] or is this video footage completely lost?

I really need the close up video, so any help is sincerely appreciated?
Kathie

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

MGSR
Community Moderator | Employee

Hello @Kkrane

Welcome to the Zoom Community! We're glad to have you here.

Some recording layouts are possible with local recordings, some with cloud recordings, and some are possible with both.
In the case of local recordings, which are recorded to your computer, the captured content is based on how the participant who is recording sees the meeting.

With cloud recordings, the content is captured as it passes through Zoom servers, so cloud recordings are not based on any participant’s current view of the meeting but rather on the original host's cloud recording settings set before the meeting starts. 

Since local recording is not available on Android and IOS, they would have a cloud recording and the view of the host will be recorded.

You can read more in this article

Let me know if you need further assistance. 

Mark
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

MGSR

Hello @Kkrane

Welcome to the Zoom Community! We're glad to have you here.

Some recording layouts are possible with local recordings, some with cloud recordings, and some are possible with both.
In the case of local recordings, which are recorded to your computer, the captured content is based on how the participant who is recording sees the meeting.

With cloud recordings, the content is captured as it passes through Zoom servers, so cloud recordings are not based on any participant’s current view of the meeting but rather on the original host's cloud recording settings set before the meeting starts. 

Since local recording is not available on Android and IOS, they would have a cloud recording and the view of the host will be recorded.

You can read more in this article

Let me know if you need further assistance. 

Mark
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

Kkrane
Explorer
Explorer

Thanks Mark! 

You explained the functionality perfectly, lesson learned and I will adjust going forward. 

I appreciate your quick response!

Kathie