cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can a guest start/stop a cloud recording?

BushB5
Explorer
Explorer

Thank you for the help in advance!

I am scheduling a meeting, but I may not be able to attend. Can guest record the meeting to my cloud without me being there? And if I just have the meeting set to record at the beginning of the meeting would a guest be able to pause the recording?

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

newl
Community Champion | Customer

Hello @BushB5 ,

A guest will not be able to enable/start record the meeting and have it stored in your account.

You can however set the meeting to automatically record to the cloud. The guest will NOT be able to stop/pause the recording.

Make sure to also enable "Allow participants to join anytime" option so the guest can join the meeting without you starting it.

I hope that this provides the information you need, reply if you have any further questions. Otherwise, consider marking this post a "Accept as Solution" so other Zoom Community members may find this solution as well!

Cheers!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

newl

Hello @BushB5 ,

A guest will not be able to enable/start record the meeting and have it stored in your account.

You can however set the meeting to automatically record to the cloud. The guest will NOT be able to stop/pause the recording.

Make sure to also enable "Allow participants to join anytime" option so the guest can join the meeting without you starting it.

I hope that this provides the information you need, reply if you have any further questions. Otherwise, consider marking this post a "Accept as Solution" so other Zoom Community members may find this solution as well!

Cheers!