cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom Scheduling Popup - Try New Version

StefanScherbik
Community Champion | Customer

Apparently Zoom just added a "Try new version" slider in the standard meeting scheduling popup accessible from the home screen of the desktop app:

StefanScherbik_0-1723055976672.png

I did not notice this until recently because I'm a Zoom admin and keep myself in a separate user group from the rest of my company, so it happened to be the case that everyone but me got access to this slider.  Anyway, I'd like to disable this slider and keep my users on the "old" version of of the scheduling popup.  I don't like that the new version hides the Meeting ID and Meeting Security options under "More Options", and I also don't like that it gives everyone who doesn't have their calendar connected the above-pictured yellow warning banner.  About 90% of my users don't have a connected calendar, and one of my users so far complained about this banner because they thought it would prevent them from scheduling meetings.

I've scoured the back-end looking for a setting that lets an admin disable this "new" scheduler functionality but couldn't find anything.  Before I bother my account rep, does anyone know if this is possible?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

VA
Community Moderator | Employee

@redshoesguy @StefanScherbik Thank you for your feedback about the "Try new version" toggle. We've disabled this for all accounts that are not Free or Pro. We understand that our Business and Enterprise users want more control over the version seen by their users, so that toggle will no longer display.

Virginia
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

StefanScherbik

Actually, forget about the first thing I said about me not having access to this feature because I'm in a separate user group--I just got it in my account, so it must be slowly making the rounds, hitting users individually.  This makes me suspect that it's not an option that can be controlled at the account level...

redshoesguy
Explorer
Explorer

I have the same question. It was noticed in our environment earlier today, and I too have been scouring the admin settings. We suspect it'll have to be disabled in group policy, probably a registry setting to toggle off by default. But I'm keen to find out why Zoom slipped this in and made it ENABLED by default.

StefanScherbik

I've now had like six users complain about the yellow banner, really wish Zoom hadn't made this the default new option.  I hope it doesn't require a regedit or something to fix.

I haven't been able to locate it in the registry, but have asked our Endpoint team, who typically finds and fixes these policies, to look for it. I have a support case open with Zoom and received a reply that they have received "a lot of tickets" regarding this. But they did not answer my query about a way to turn it off for our users - I've asked again. They did, however, point me via hyperlink to information about Zoom Scheduler, which is irrelevant to my request. 😞 

Frank_TB

Hello,

If an issue gets enough support tickets it is more likely to be addressed.

Go here to open a ticket and explain your concerns and how you want it changed.

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/requests/new

You must be signed in to submit a web support ticket.

Regards

redshoesguy
Explorer
Explorer

For what it's worth, I just received this reply from Zoom Support. Looks like they are saying there is currently no way to trigger that toggle off with a registry entry or otherwise. at this time.

"As of now, we don’t have any means to turn it off by default. But don’t worry as I will submit a feedback on our end regarding this matter. However, I suggest that you also submit a feature request. To submit a feature request, kindly visit zoom.us/feed to know how to submit a request. This way, the feedback or suggestion will reach our team faster."

VA

@redshoesguy @StefanScherbik Thank you for your feedback about the "Try new version" toggle. We've disabled this for all accounts that are not Free or Pro. We understand that our Business and Enterprise users want more control over the version seen by their users, so that toggle will no longer display.

Virginia
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

StefanScherbik

Oh, wow, that's amazing!  Thanks so much for the update.  I see the toggle is gone from my scheduler popup and it's back to the old experience, which is exactly what I was hoping for.  Bravo, Zoom!