cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Serious glitch with recording vocals when using Windows on Zoom STILL not fixed after 4.5 years!!!!

ROADSCOUT
Newcomer
Newcomer

I have been paying for Zoom Professional for years, but Zoom has failed to provide a sound stream (music tracks) that I can send to singers, so they can sing along to it (and I can record their vocals)The problem is that as soon as the vocalist starts to sing with the track, the music I am sending cuts out, so the client has no way to be able to keep in time or in pitch with the music. 

This is a really big drag and I am shocked that it still hasn't been fixed by Zoom after 4.5 years! This problem doesn't occur when doing the same thing on a Mac but I don't get on with MacIntosh computers and neither do many of my colleagues, a large number of whom have complained of similar difficulties on Zoom when using Windows. I became aware of this problem back in 2020 when I first started using Zoom. Not happy. Anyone else's comments appreciated.

1 REPLY 1

storyhub
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Zoom was not designed for this purpose and professional studios accomplish this task using Dante hardware and software. However, you may want to try using "Live Performance Audio" (currently in BETA). This must be turned on at both ends both in settings and at the upper part of the screen. It is limited to 5 simultaneous users, but it does its best to minimize latency.  Also, instead of streaming the music tracks to them you may want to send them the file so they can play it back while singing. Have them route their mic and the file thru OBS Studio. Configure OBS Studio with NDI and route the OBS Studio NDI output to Zoom. Zoom will accept the mixed audio as NDI webcam audio. This audio now appears as the Zoom Mic audio so live audio or Audio for Musicians needs to be turned on. As a sound engineer I do this same thing for my wife singing with live instruments which are mic'd separately. I also do this for background music during Church service.