cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen sharing iPad can't see others video

maxzhou94

I am on Zoom 6.1.11 with Pro subscription on MacOS Sequoia 15.0. I am having the following issue: I host the meeting on my laptop, and I want to screenshare the entire screen on my iPad (using the screen mirroring between the laptop/iPad). When I do this, I cannot see the little video of the other participant.

I am doing this in the context of teaching, where I want to face the video camera straight on sometimes,

and sometimes write things on the iPad. But, not being able to see the video of the student is very detrimental. I'd prefer not to just do Zoom on the iPad and just share the screen there, since the angle of the video is unnatural.

I don't remember this being an issue when I was working somewhere where we had one of the enterprise level accounts for free, is this why the screen mirroring is wonky now? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

maxzhou94

Hi guys, I played around a little bit, and saw that when I do the airplay, there are 2 options, one for just the Macbook Pro itself (with a laptop logo), and the other for "Zoom-Macbook Pro" (with the Apple TV logo). You  have to use the "Zoom-MacBook Pro" to get the non-full screen screen-sharing view on the laptop. If you choose the Macbook Pro option, you just get the full screen and can't see anything else (other participants video)

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

maxzhou94

Hi guys, I played around a little bit, and saw that when I do the airplay, there are 2 options, one for just the Macbook Pro itself (with a laptop logo), and the other for "Zoom-Macbook Pro" (with the Apple TV logo). You  have to use the "Zoom-MacBook Pro" to get the non-full screen screen-sharing view on the laptop. If you choose the Macbook Pro option, you just get the full screen and can't see anything else (other participants video)