cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scheduling meeting as delegate, host can't share screen

momalley12

I schedule Zoom meetings on behalf of my supervisor, using the Zoom for Google Workspace plugin. When I schedule, I ensure that my supervisor is the host, not me. Still, when she starts the meeting and I am not present, if anyone needs to screen-share, they cannot. I have to join the meeting (at which point I automatically become the host), and then give her host permissions. Then she can allow screen-sharing.

I don't understand why she is not being given host permissions when she starts these meetings, if she is listed as the host after I schedule. This causes a major issue if I am not immediately available to join the meeting to give her host permissions. 

Anyone know why this would be? Thank you!

9 REPLIES 9

YaBoiB
Community Champion | Employee

Hello @momalley12 ,

This situation might be a bit tricky, but I understand your objective. I assume you and your supervisor are using the same Zoom account and that you have scheduling privileges on her account. I recommend double-checking that first (if you haven't already). 

Next, please verify your delegate options in Google. You need to be a calendar delegate (I believe that's what Google calls it) to have permissions over her account. If that doesn’t resolve the issue, we can discuss it privately (via DM), and I’ll need to see the meeting ID. Please refrain from sharing your meeting ID in this public forum, as it's not secure.

Let’s work on this together! I can open a support case for you so we can investigate the cause of the issue and find a solution. Usually, it's something simple, like an incorrect email address, but occasionally we may uncover a bug that requires our development team to address. Either way, I'm here to help you navigate this issue.

Best regards.

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

Hi Brandon, thanks so much for replying! My supervisor and I are on the same institutional account (if that's what you'd call it), as we have single sign-on through the university where we work. But we do have separate Zoom accounts. 

But yes, I have scheduling privileges on her Zoom account, so I can schedule meetings for her either through the Zoom desktop app, the web version, or through Zoom for Google Workspace. I am also a calendar delegate for her in Google - I can create and edit events on her calendar as well. 

I'd appreciate DM-ing with you about this. I'm happy to share any of the meeting IDs - this has happened many times. Thanks!

YaBoiB

Hello, 

Now that I think about this some more, you may want to compare your sharing settings to hers and see if they are varying. She might have more restrictive sharing settings on her account. If you have delegate in Google then that is not the problem. 

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion

YaBoiB

Look in this section of both of your accounts. It is settings > meeting tab > In meeting (basic) > screen sharing. Here is what I have at the time being but I change this from time to time depending on the meeting. Screenshot below. 

Screenshot 2024-10-16 at 5.28.58 PM.png

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion

Super helpful - thanks Brandon. I see that section in my own account and I will check it on my boss's account as soon as I can and let you know. Really appreciate it!

(and my account is set to "All Participants can share")

YaBoiB

Anytime, I hope that is it, if it is not, then I will DM you and I can look at one of the sample meetings on the backend, or we can hop in a meeting with your boss and try to figure it out. One way or another we will get to the bottom of it. 

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion

momalley12

Amazing, we checked her settings and it was set to "Host only", so we changed it and did a test meeting and she was able to share!! Thanks so much for your help on this. How do I give you a shout-out or a positive review?

YaBoiB

Hello @momalley12

Your happiness with the result is good enough for me.

Please click on the accept as solution button, and then if someone else is having this issue, they can see the accepted solution. This also ties into our support documentation, so if someone were to search the correct keyword, like "sharing," it might be able to help them as well. That is what the community is all about. Have a great rest of your week. 

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion