cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Microphone Continuously Disconnecting throughout Meetings

Tattersail
Newcomer
Newcomer

I am having an issue with zoom where my microphone keeps disconnecting constantly throughout meetings and calls. I have to "switch" my microphone between default option and the mic itself after it disconnects to get it to work again. The default mic and the mic I pick on the list are the same mic.

Zoom is the only talk/VoIP app that does this. My microphone works perfectly on Discord and in various game VoIPs. It is a very frustrating problem as I use zoom quite a bit and have done EVERY "fix" I could find both on the forums and in the tech support files and nothing is working. The error that pops up over my mic is "your microphone is not working. Please check your connection" (paraphrased). When I test my mic pre-meeting, it's showing as working, it is only while actively in meetings that it repeatedly disconnects.

Windows 10: All drivers including audio are up-to date. Zoom is also running on the most recent version.

Does anyone have any leads on how to fix this? It's driving me insane.

6 REPLIES 6

JasonPDietz
Newcomer
Newcomer

I have also experienced this exact issue, toggeling between microphone sources resolves the issue for the duration of the meeting.  Disconnect occurs about 1-2minutes into joining the meeting.

No other issues with the microphone, the same behavior is not observed in Teams meetings.

Kindoftall
Newcomer
Newcomer

I have an HP Laptop and I have to "check my audio devices" to get the single Mic I use  (that is incorporated into the laptop) frequently to get it to keep working. It seems like a software/hardware disagreement. It's an HP x360 15-cn-xxx Envy Product number 56M30AV

RN
Community Moderator | Employee
Community Moderator | Employee

Hey @Tattersail @Kindoftall @JasonPDietz instead of switching your microphone input in-meeting from the microphone selector; go into the Zoom Desktop Client settings > Audio > and select the microphone that you're NOT having issues with; this will default your microphone to the one that seems to be working best.

As to a fix; I can't recall I've experienced such issue, nor sure how I can replicate this to determine the cause... If you've already tried the following: Uninstalling and reinstalling the Zoom application and Troubleshooting Audio Issues.

One thing I could think of is Windows has some Audio Enhancements that maybe affecting Zoom. Could you lastly try to Enable/Disable 'Audio enhancements' in the Windows Sound settings until the issue is resolved or see if that resolves the issue?

Our Zoom Support team will need to analyze a meeting in-order to detect the disconnect reasoning. 

Looking forward to your replies!

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

I will respond to each idea below.

Hey @Tattersail @Kindoftall @JasonPDietz instead of switching your microphone input in-meeting from the microphone selector; go into the Zoom Desktop Client settings > Audio > and select the microphone that you're NOT having issues with; this will default your microphone to the one that seems to be working best.

*** This is a laptop with only one microphone. It works superbly with any other application except Zoom.

As to a fix; I can't recall I've experienced such issue, nor sure how I can replicate this to determine the cause... If you've already tried the following: Uninstalling and reinstalling the Zoom

This issue has persisted since the initial installation day. Despite several reinstalls for version ...

updates.and Troubleshooting Audio Issues.

***Before I uninstalled and reinstalled the software I went through all of the audio issue bullet points.

One thing I could think of is Windows has some Audio Enhancements that maybe affecting Zoom.

*** I uninstalled all the audio enhancements and used the most recent versions. That created no audio output at all for any reason. NO LUCK,

Could you lastly try to Enable/Disable 'Audio enhancements' in the Windows Sound settings until the issue is resolved or see if that resolves the issue?

*** That is a fine way to get no audio at all. Thanks for your attention. Perhaps there is some kind of diagnostic software that can generate a report to let a technician see what enviromant it occurs in.

DavidJW
Newcomer
Newcomer

We are having this happen on multiple computers. Seems to happen at the same time even though both computers are in different auditoriums and in different meetings. Occasionally it will happen to one computer and not the other. We have uninstalled and reinstalled. We have checked settings and updated drivers and made sure zoom is on latest version.

jsn
Newcomer
Newcomer

I have the same problem - just started after a recent Zoom update. Nothing seems to fix it.