cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom Phone - Display Name Problem

TomV
Listener

I am a Zoom Phone Business Admin.  I recently set up three new users over the last week.  Two of the users are fine and set up did not look odd in any way.  One of the users has a problem: their display name in the Zoom Phone system is displaying as their email address rather than first and last name.  

Does anyone know of a way to force the phone system to use their first and last name rather than email?  It is effecting things like outbound caller ID and searches for the user.  The only way I was able to fix this in the past was by removing the user and then adding them again, but this user is already using their account daily so I do not want to cause a loss of service if I can help it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ok, I ended up solving my own question. I went back over to the 'User Management' portion that KelvinL mentioned and I clicked 'edit'. Even though the user's name was showing properly there, I went ahead and added a space just to it just so that I could overwrite the information. As soon as it was saved, it started appearing properly on the Phone side of things. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

KelvinL
Listener

Look under "User Management" (not "Phone System Management") and make sure their Display Name is correct in their profile.

chiphale
Listener

I'm not sure if other's have found resolution with this, but I have the same issue. I tried KelvinL's solution but the Display Name in the 'User Managment' section shows up properly. In the Zoom Phone user section, she always comes up with her email listed as the display name. Any other ideas for places that I might check?

Ok, I ended up solving my own question. I went back over to the 'User Management' portion that KelvinL mentioned and I clicked 'edit'. Even though the user's name was showing properly there, I went ahead and added a space just to it just so that I could overwrite the information. As soon as it was saved, it started appearing properly on the Phone side of things.