cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generic SIP Door Call Box

dgillam4066
Listener

Hello,

We recently moved over to Zoom phone from Mitel. We have a door call box that we use for security to unlock the door to allow access. Worked great on the Mitel. I'm looking for instructions on settng this up on zoom phone as a generic SIP device. All I am able to find is a generic SIP H.323 zoom room instructions. If anyone knows of instructions for something like this, please let me know. I did not try the zoom room instructions as it seems to require some type of cloud room connector license.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BrandonS
Community Champion | Zoom Partner

Unfortunately, this may be difficult at best. My experience getting a “generic” analog terminal adapter from Grandstream working took weeks working through support to confirm it met several requirements for compatibility around encryption and various protocol support. Even then, after it was selectable in my admin portal as a generic device type, I was left on my own figure out how to get SSL certificates loaded and the device configured. 

I have two suggestions. First, open a case with support and provide them all the details about the device you can find like a data sheet to see if there is even a chance they will allow it. 

Second, consider using a supported analog adapter in conjunction with a new analog door phone or a different type of door entry system altogether that works independently of the internet or Zoom. 

Good luck. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

BrandonS

Unfortunately, this may be difficult at best. My experience getting a “generic” analog terminal adapter from Grandstream working took weeks working through support to confirm it met several requirements for compatibility around encryption and various protocol support. Even then, after it was selectable in my admin portal as a generic device type, I was left on my own figure out how to get SSL certificates loaded and the device configured. 

I have two suggestions. First, open a case with support and provide them all the details about the device you can find like a data sheet to see if there is even a chance they will allow it. 

Second, consider using a supported analog adapter in conjunction with a new analog door phone or a different type of door entry system altogether that works independently of the internet or Zoom. 

Good luck. 

Thanks for you reply. I did submit a ticket with support. From looking at the setup on the Mitel, it was set up as a SIP device, so I'm hoping there is some simple generic SIP setup in Zoom.

BrandonS

I looked up my old case and for the record this is what Zoom support required and asked for before I could get the Grandstream HT801 added as a giber device type in my customer's portal:

• SIP registration
  • Wildcard SSL certificate and 
  • TLS1.2/SRTP security protocols (provide the list of TLS 1.2/AES-256 cipher sets for the device(s))

I also had to sign an acknowledgement that the feature was provided as is and Zoom would offer no technical support around it.

If your device doesn't support encryption per above you might save yourself some time moving toward using an ATA with an analog entry device or something on your local network not connected to Zoom at all.  All supported devices are here: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360001299063-Zoom-Phone-Certified-Hardware

enielsen
Participant

Given the complexities around VoIP encryption, unlikely to be simple as Brandon mentioned above. You could check if your Mitel does support the latest VoIP encryption methods, as if it does not - very unlikely to work with Zoom Phone.

MpzMntyCtyIT
Listener

Hey! Just saw this! I work for the county of monterey and we have a mitel as well - would it be possible to talk to you about your upgrade? We love to hear your experience and journey! Let me know.. and thank you for your consideration! -Mike Perez, IT Manager County of Monterey