cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Call Queue is Only is Sending Calls to One User Not All Users in the Queue

tpatton1636
Listener

We have a created a custom queue that is supposed simultaneously ring all the Users added to the queue when our main line is busy. This was created so we do not miss new client calls. Before about a week the call would ring on all 4 lines and the Caller ID would show Paralegal Overflow (the name of the Call Queue). Nothing has been changed with this call queue but for the last week the calls are only coming through to one particular User every time and the Caller ID is not Paralegal Overflow but the caller's name or anonymous. This User's phone number is not listed anywhere so no new client should be calling her directly because they would not have her number yet. Please advise on how we might fix this issue because it is integral to how we operate! Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3

Eliot
Community Champion | Zoom Partner

hi tpatton1636,

What feeds the paralegal overflow call queue? Is it an auto receptionist (route to), another call queue (overflow), user (When I'm busy on another call or When a call is not answered), etc.?

were any changes made to whatever feeds to paralegal overflow call queue?

are all four members of the paralegal overflow signed in?

thanks,  eliot

tpatton1636
Listener

1. It is another user. Our intake coordinator gets all of those calls first and if she is busy the call is routed to the call queue.

2. There have been no changes to anything involving the call queue.

3. We have been having issues with Zoom randomly logging us out on our phones when we log on to Zoom on our laptops and it seems to be more of an issue with Android Phones than iPhones. When the call queue was properly sending the call to the other users, those with Android phones experienced a delay in being able to answer the call.

Eliot

hi tpatton1636,

The only options I see for a user when a call to the user is not answered are:

Eliot_0-1686077172763.png

Eliot_1-1686077172764.png

I do not see forwarding to a call queue as an option.  I think extensions function differently than call queues.

You might consider having calls sent to a new intake coordinator call queue instead of having the calls go directly to the intake coordinator.  Your intake coordinator would be a member of the intake coordinator call queue. 

Overflow from the intake coordinator call queue could go to your existing intake coordinator overflow call queue.  Overflow would be picked up by the four members of the intake coordinator overflow call queue.

Thanks,  eliot