cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BYOC Routing Rules

tony_c
Listener

Hello, we are implementing BYOC to leverage our existing SIP provider for calling.  In our CUCM environment dialing a 7 first is required to get an "outside line".  Zoom phone does not require this so rather than instruct Zoom phone users to begin using a 7 to dial an outside line, I would like to amend the routing rules to add the 7 to the beginning of a dialed number.  I'm assuming this is accomplished through the translation but I'm not familiar with how to write that.  Any help is much appreciated!

1 REPLY 1

Eliot
Community Champion | Zoom Partner
Community Champion | Zoom Partner

hi tony_c,

I suspect that the cucm dial 7 for outside line is only required by cucm to route outgoing calls to your sip provider.  With zoom byoc, your users would not dial 7 to get to your sip provider for an outside line.

Zoom provides at least two byoc approaches – cloud peering and premise peering.  Cloud peering works with many sip providers.

zoom-phone-provider-exchange-partner-overview-solution-brief.pdf

https://explore.zoom.us/en/products/zoom-phone/provider-exchange/

I suggest you contact your zoom account team to discuss options.

some links on byoc:

𝗠𝗶𝗴𝗿𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻 𝘁𝗼 𝗭𝗼𝗼𝗺 𝗣𝗵𝗼𝗻𝗲 𝗨𝘀𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗬𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝗦𝗕𝗖 | 𝗠𝗶𝗴𝗿𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻 𝘁𝗼 𝗭�...

Zoom Phone - Bring Your Own Carrier.pdf

zoom-phone-provider-exchange-partner-overview-solution-brief.pdf

Call Routing Methods – Zoom Support

Comparison of call routing methods – Zoom Support

Zoom_Phone_and_Twilio_Elastic_SIP_Trunking_Configuration_Guide.pdf (twilio-cms-prod.s3.amazonaws.com...

Elastic SIP Trunking | Twilio

Zoom Phone | Ribbon Communications

Did my response answer your question? If so, please don't forget to mark the reply as an accepted solution.

thanks,  eliot