cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom Room - Digital Signage Only - Missing Camara Control button

HAI3D
Newcomer
Newcomer

We have four Digital Signage Only rooms. The "Camera Control" button is missing after updating to 5.18.8 (3871), 64bit. We have the same camera connected to regular Zoom Rooms with the same software version so the issues is only on the Digital Signale Only rooms. Did Zoom

2 REPLIES 2

newl
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Hello @HAI3D ,

In my institution we operate many Digital Signage Only Zoom Rooms. In our experience,  we have never seen an option for camera control unless someone with a Zoom client licence pairs with the room using the "Sharing Key" displayed in the upper-left hand corner of the screen.

I just did a quick test of a system running in Digital Signage Only mode (Windows 10 , 64bit) Zoom Rooms client version 5.17.7 (3724) , 64bit.

There is no camera control button for this sign, although it does have a Logitech MeetUp attached.

(see screenshot)

zoom_room_digital_sign_only.png

The only thing that I can think of that may have caused the "Camera Control" button to be present is that the "Room Type" was incorrectly assigned as a full Zoom Room. 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I hope that this provides the information you need, reply if you have any further questions. Otherwise, consider marking this post a "Accept as Solution" so other Zoom Community members may find this solution as well!

Cheers!

Thanks for your reply.

For the past 2 years, we usually run meetings with a regular Zoom Room license. These 4 Digital Signage Only rooms are joined to show additional camera feed in our office. The camera control button is always there in the controller. It's just recently that it has disappeared.