cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I share content from the same computer running Zoom Rooms?

SageProductions
Explorer
Explorer

Hello,

I'm working on setting up a hybrid room for a new client, but I don't have a Zoom Rooms account myself to test this out on.

My plan is to set up a Mac Mini that is powering the Zoom Room, connected to two TVs. My question is, can that same computer be used for a presenter to share a PowerPoint if needed? Or would that need to come from a separate machine?

Sorry if this is a simple question, I tried googling and searching the forum but it's kind of difficult to search for.

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

colegs
Community Champion | Employee

Are you thinking of running the Zoom client and a Zoom Room on the same machine?  If so, they would both need their own microphones, speakers and video output, and you might as well just run the client from the Mac Mini and join that way.  

Short answer is no, you cannot use the same computer for both a Zoom Room and the Zoom Client.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

colegs

Are you thinking of running the Zoom client and a Zoom Room on the same machine?  If so, they would both need their own microphones, speakers and video output, and you might as well just run the client from the Mac Mini and join that way.  

Short answer is no, you cannot use the same computer for both a Zoom Room and the Zoom Client.

add

SageProductions
Explorer
Explorer

OK, thank you. Still trying to wrap my head around all of it. Really wish they offered a free trial or something so I could figure it out. I appreciate the help.

colegs

If you are working with a Zoom Sales rep, they should be able to get you a free trial.  But as a rule of thumb, you should only be running 1 instance of any Zoom product per computer so they are not competing for the same resources.