cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

updating Zoom Workspace

mindfulmomma
Explorer
Explorer

Hi I can't join any Zooms using Zoom Workspace because it keeps saying that I need to update the app to version 5.16.6 or higher. I'm pretty sure I've downloaded the latest version and I don't know how to update to another version. I tried attaching screenshots but can't seem to do that. 

Thanks,

Micaela 

15 REPLIES 15

colegs
Community Champion | Employee

@mindfulmomma - Can you click on your profile picture in the upper right had corner of the client, then click on 'Check for Updates' and tell me what version it says you have?

colegs_0-1723487478777.png

Do you mean when I'm in my own Zoom account? I clicked on my profile pic and do not see that option. All I see are Plans & Billing, Add Account and Sign Out.

colegs

This would be in the actual Zoom Client, not in the Web interface.

So when I click on the link of a zoom meeting that I want to join, I get a popup that says: "You must update to the latest version of Zoom to start this meeting. Contact your IT admin to update." 

But I don't see any way to do this update. 

I also get this same message when I try to start my own meeting.

colegs

Can you start the Zoom client from the application list without starting a meeting?  That will give you the client, which then you can use to check the version.

I don't know how to do that. Where is the application list? Is there a screenshot or other info?

colegs

Are you on a Windows machine or a Mac?

mindfulmomma
Explorer
Explorer

windows

colegs

Click the Windows logo key on your keyboard (4 squares) to open the start menu and you should see an icon for Zoom (Blue square that says Zoom).  Double click on that.

mindfulmomma
Explorer
Explorer

When I do that I get an error that says: "Your app version needs to be 5.16.6 or higher to sign in. Please contact your IT team to update your app."

mindfulmomma
Explorer
Explorer

and there is nowhere to update anything. 

colegs

Please uninstall Zoom (Right click on the Zoom application icon in the start menu and select Uninstall) and then reinstall the application from here: https://zoom.us/download?os=win

mindfulmomma
Explorer
Explorer

also, i've been joining zoom meetings regularly for years and only started having this problem last week

mindfulmomma
Explorer
Explorer

that seems to have done the trick. thanks!