cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voice mail

ramaswap
Newcomer
Newcomer

I dont have a phone number but i have 2 numbers for my employees. My question is how to set up voice mail for the user phone number. for ex by default i got an extension 800 (  owner) and when i go to phone settings under my extension is that like a generic voice mail for all the phone numbers or is there a separate voice mail for each user?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Eliot
Community Champion | Zoom Partner

hi ramaswap,

to set up vm for your staff, please go to:

Admin->Phone System Management->Users & Rooms->select user extension 802 (and 806)->User Settings

Eliot_1-1687613687610.png

You have drop down options for “When I’m busy on another call” and “When a call is not answered”.  One of the options is to send the call to voice mail.

Eliot_2-1687613687612.png

Eliot_3-1687613687613.png

Next you can use the default message or create your own message.

Eliot_4-1687613687614.png

You can click the play button to listen to the default message.  If you want to change it, click edit.

please let me know if this works for you and if you have any other questions.

Thanks,  eliot

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Eliot

hi ramaswap,

you may want to start with a basic zoom phone course.

(61) Initial Zoom Phone Setup for Administrators - YouTube

to answer your voice mail question, each user will have a separate voice mail box and can have a personal customized greeting.

Customizing audio greetings and hold music – Zoom Support

each user that makes or receives outside calls will need a paid calling plan.  extension to extension calls are free and do not require a calling plan.

Plans & Pricing for Zoom Phone | Zoom

this support article describes how to get and use phone numbers.  one local telephone number comes with each calling plan.  additional phone numbers are currently usd 5.00 per month.  you may want to add one phone number for yourself so that people can call you directly.  in united states, zoom will port your existing telephone numbers to zoom for free.

Plans & Pricing for Zoom Phone | Zoom

Managing phone numbers – Zoom Support

zoom phone has more advanced setup features that are free to use.  in particular, many companies have a auto receptionist that answers calls and routes the calls with an interactive voice response (ivr) system, i.e. for sales - press one, for support - press two, for billing - press three.

Managing auto receptionists – Zoom Support

many businesses use call queues for each major area such as sales, support and billing.  users can be assigned one or call queues to answer incoming calls.  these call queues are free and easy to set up.

Managing call queues – Zoom Support

one approach is to start with the easiest setup, i.e. each user has an extension, a local telephone number, a calling plan and a voice mail box.  zoom phone has lots of great features for free that you can add on as required.

thanks,  eliot

There may be a way you are describing, call handling is available of the owner account and its not availbale for the other phone users or numbers. 

800 extension --owner no phone number 

802 and 806 user extensions have phone numbers assigned to them. So i want to set up a voice mail to these users when a call goes unattended. is there a way we can do this. I was thinking each user number should have a voice mail set up and i am not finding it.

Support took 3 days to answer that question and yet to hear from them. If it takes this long for support then .............

Eliot

hi ramaswap,

to set up vm for your staff, please go to:

Admin->Phone System Management->Users & Rooms->select user extension 802 (and 806)->User Settings

Eliot_1-1687613687610.png

You have drop down options for “When I’m busy on another call” and “When a call is not answered”.  One of the options is to send the call to voice mail.

Eliot_2-1687613687612.png

Eliot_3-1687613687613.png

Next you can use the default message or create your own message.

Eliot_4-1687613687614.png

You can click the play button to listen to the default message.  If you want to change it, click edit.

please let me know if this works for you and if you have any other questions.

Thanks,  eliot

that worked. I also need help with changing the outgoing caller ID , right now the user name and number is sent. How can change that to something generic name or number?

Eliot

hi ramaswap,

The caller id name is normally set up for the account but can also be set up for a site if you have multiple sites.  Admin->phone system management->company info->caller id name.

Select Outbound Caller ID:.

Eliot_0-1687649778319.png

Caller id numbers can be the main company number or the telephone number of the user, the main company number or hide the number.  depending on admin settings, users can select which number they would like to display on out going calls. 

Eliot_1-1687649778320.png

The user can select their outbound caller ID number before placing a call by clicking the down arrow. If disabled, they can only use their default outbound caller ID number.

Eliot_2-1687649778322.png

Other support articles on caller id are below.

Changing Zoom Phone policy settings – Zoom Support

Frequently asked questions about caller ID – Zoom Support

Enabling Select Outbound Caller ID Zoom Phone setting – Zoom Support

thanks,  eliot

I want to set a generic name or number for all users. for ex i tried this 

Admin->phone system management->company info->caller id name ----<set nme/number>

did not work.

What i am seeing in the outbound calls is the setting under user profile

I want to change it to whats in account setting --> company info to all users with no option for the user to choose from their dialer.

thanks

Eliot

hi ramaswap,

if you set up the company name correctly, the company name should be displayed on all outgoing calls no matter from which telephone number you use.  please see details below.

to fix the display of a company telephone number, you will have to have a company telephone number assigned to your main auto receptionist.  you may be able to use an existing telephone number in your account or get new one for usd 5.00 per month.

One.  Set up the caller id name.  This is only the company name and is limited to 15 characters including spaces.  The generic name that you want will be the caller-id name that you choose in company info profile for caller id name.

Eliot_0-1687701751830.png

This will be the caller id name that zoom sends for outbound calls.  In usa, the caller id name is the responsibility of the terminating carrier (called party telephone service provider).  Generally, they subscribe to a caller id name data base.  Outside of usa, the terminating carrier can pickup the caller id name in a different way.  Because it may take some time for the caller id databases to update, you may not see the change for several days.  In usa, you can check what caller id is assigned to a telephone number by using a free service.  Try using google to search for caller id name lookup.  One example is CNAM Lookup | Apeiron.

Two.  Restrict users’ ability to select outbound caller id number by using company info->main site->policy->Select Outbound Caller ID – turn off.  Users will not be able to change their outbound caller id number.  Only admins will be able to make changes.

Eliot_1-1687701751834.png

Three.  Go to phone system management->users & rooms-> select each user one at a time->profile->outbound caller id (number) and select Main Company Number

Eliot_2-1687701751837.png

Please let me know if this works for you.

Thanks,  eliot