cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMS text option

cbolding
Newcomer
Newcomer

Hello, I just purchased my Phone plan, restarted the application but I don't see the SMS option when I select the ph

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@cbolding Please check if you've done the steps in this article - How to assign a phone number

You need to ensure that you've assigned yourself a phone number to send/receive SMS and call external contacts.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

crissyd
Zoom Employee
Zoom Employee

@cbolding Please refer to this article about Setting up SMS to ensure SMS is enabled.

cbolding
Newcomer
Newcomer

@crissyd  Awesome, did that...thank you! I submitted a request for a SMS text campaign to be able to use the SMS function. How long does it typically take to get the campaign approved? 

@cbolding Due to Zoom’s dependence on third parties, we are experiencing delays of up to 3 weeks on campaign approvals. Since you have submitted your campaign and are currently awaiting campaign approval, messaging capabilities will not be impacted.

@crissyd "messaging capabilities will not be impacted", does this mean I should be able to send/receive SMS texts now? 

@cbolding You can test it now since you've enabled the SMS feature and has started to set it up. When you go to your Zoom desktop client / mobile app then Zoom Phone, you should see the SMS tab. From there, you can now send text messages.

If it's not working, please submit a ticket here so our Support Team can assist further.

crissyd_0-1690308234086.png

When I hover over the pencil to start a new conversation, I get the "You do not have a direct number. You cannot start a new conversation" message.

I have a number associated with my account, I'm using the phone function to make and receive calls. What's missing?

@cbolding Please check if you've done the steps in this article - How to assign a phone number

You need to ensure that you've assigned yourself a phone number to send/receive SMS and call external contacts.

I had assigned a number but not as a direct number. Just fixed it and up and running with text. So relieved 😀! Thank you!!

Hi,

I am having trouble using the SMS/Text feature on my desktop. I can use it on my mobile app but would love to have it on my desktop for work purposes. I have been trying to resolve this for quite some time and just can't seem to find the solution. Thanks

Be aware you have a huge rate limit on SMS text that they don't tell you about. We ported all our phone numbers over only to run up against the rate limit and now waiting for approval while customers and vendors left waiting. 3 weeks to get approval is ridiculous.