Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to change account type from Basic to Licensed

AhmedAbdou
Newcomer
Newcomer

Hello,

I've had a Basic account (Free) registered to my work email for some time now. Recently, the company subscribed to "Zoom Phone Pro PBX", and my email is the primary contact. So, naturally when the license arrived it was added to my account. I can see them now in the "Admin" section, "Account Management" subsection, "Billing" page.

===================

Zoom Phone: Zoom Phone Pro

Qty: 37

===================

The problem is, I still can't switch my account type from "Basic" to "Licensed". The "Licensed" radio button is dimmed and unclickable. Furthermore, in "User Management", "Users" page, it says "To add licensed users to your account, please purchase more licenses." on top of the page. When I try to add a user, the "User Type" is always "Basic", as "Licensed" is dimmed and unclickable. The only License is "Zoom One Basic". This was until yesterday.

Yesterday I opened a support ticket, and as a result now when I go to "Users" under "User Management", my license is "Zoom One Basic and Zoom Phone Basic". It is still "Basic" though, and I still can't click on "Licensed". Same thing happens when I create a new user, with only "Basic" available, but the License itself now has two options in the dropdown menu:

1- Zoom One Basic

2- Zoom One Basic and Zoom Phone Basic

This still does not fix my problem.

I'm still on Basic, and any user I add will be on Basic.

What am I missing? Even on the support portal, it shows that my account is allowed to have "Phone Support", but when I tried that, and entered my PMI, the automated message told me that my account is not eligable for voice support!

My partner here in my country is useless.

So, what am I doing wrong?

1 REPLY 1

Eliot
Community Champion | Zoom Partner
Community Champion | Zoom Partner

Hi ahmedabdou,

You need to add the zoom phone licenses to users in phone system management.  It is confusing that there are two places on the admin menu where you can assign licenses to users.  One is User Management and the other is under phone system management entitled Users & Rooms.  To assign phone system licenses, you need to go to Phone System Management->Users & Rooms.

Eliot_0-1716907062908.png

Please goto admin->phone system management->users and add phone system licenses to yourself and your users.  you click Assign on the right hand side of the user listing to assign zoom phone licenses/calling plans to your users.

Eliot_1-1716907062913.png

Eliot_2-1716907062914.png

For more details, please see

Managing phone users (zoom.com)

Did my response answer your question? If so, please don't forget to mark the reply as an accepted solution.

thanks,  eliot