cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Zoom User - 2 VoIP - 7 Mobile Phone Users - Need Recommendations

ZoomUser300
Newcomer
Newcomer

New Zoom User here.  I am looking for recommendations on how to set up.

We have 2 physical VoIP devices that will in common areas and office manager that will be used, and the rest will be Personal Mobile Phones.  Couple of questions.

Do the Mobile Phones have to have a Phone Number Associated with it or is the Extension sufficient enough?

Will the Mobile Users be able to call using the Zoom Mobile App and if so, will the company phone number (which will be ported) display in Caller ID?

Will I be able to add the Mobile Phone Users to a caller queue if VoIP calls don't get answer and then add Mobile Users in priority to who gets the call next and then so on even if they don't have a phone number just an extension, or do they need a phone number too?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

IP-Man
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Do the Mobile Phones have to have a Phone Number Associated with it or is the Extension sufficient enough?

Zoom account regardless of device use does not require a direct number assigned not unless you want the user to be directly called from external sources. If they need to call out though, they will need at-least a Zoom phone metered license and a caller ID ( can be company number , AR number, Call queue number).

Will the Mobile Users be able to call using the Zoom Mobile App and if so, will the company phone number (which will be ported) display in Caller ID? - Yes, Zoom admin can set the caller ID for the users to show the main company number.

Will I be able to add the Mobile Phone Users to a caller queue if VoIP calls don't get answer and then add Mobile Users in priority to who gets the call next and then so on even if they don't have a phone number just an extension, or do they need a phone number too?

Yes they can be added even if they only have extension, they will need at least a metered Zoom phone license though to be added to a call queue.

Cheers!

For my first question - would I make these settings in the Phone System Management/Users & Room select User and toggle Assign Assign Packages?