cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto Receptionist Allow Dial by Extension

cemala
Explorer
Explorer

I'm trying to configure the auto receptionist to allow dial by extension. https://community.zoom.com/t5/Phone-System/IVR-Dial-Users-Extension/m-p/116943 the zoom employee in this thread states that this should be the default while playing the auto receptionist greeting. However, dialing any extension doesn't seem to do anything and it ends up going to the designated route after the greeting. All users have US/CA Unlimited licensing. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Eliot
Community Champion | Zoom Partner

Hi cemala,

What ‘route to’ option have you selected for your auto receptionist, i.e.

Voicemail, play a message, then disconnect,  user, zoom room, cisco/Polycom room, common area phone, auto receptionist, call queue, shared line group, interactive voice response (ivr), external contacts, or phone number? 

Different ‘route to’ options provide different capabilities.

If you select route to ivr, the ivr default greeting says ‘if you know the extension number of the party you are trying to reach, please enter the extension now.  Otherwise please press zero (0) to connect to the operator.’  When I try this on my demo system with route to set to ivr, I hear this greeting and have successfully dialed and connected to another extension.

If you select route to ‘play a message, then disconnect’, there is no option to enter an extension number.

zoom support articles provide additional information.

Managing auto receptionists (zoom.com)

Changing auto receptionist settings (zoom.com)

Did my response answer your question? If so, please don't forget to mark the reply as an accepted solution.

thanks,  eliot

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Eliot

Hi cemala,

What ‘route to’ option have you selected for your auto receptionist, i.e.

Voicemail, play a message, then disconnect,  user, zoom room, cisco/Polycom room, common area phone, auto receptionist, call queue, shared line group, interactive voice response (ivr), external contacts, or phone number? 

Different ‘route to’ options provide different capabilities.

If you select route to ivr, the ivr default greeting says ‘if you know the extension number of the party you are trying to reach, please enter the extension now.  Otherwise please press zero (0) to connect to the operator.’  When I try this on my demo system with route to set to ivr, I hear this greeting and have successfully dialed and connected to another extension.

If you select route to ‘play a message, then disconnect’, there is no option to enter an extension number.

zoom support articles provide additional information.

Managing auto receptionists (zoom.com)

Changing auto receptionist settings (zoom.com)

Did my response answer your question? If so, please don't forget to mark the reply as an accepted solution.

thanks,  eliot

I misunderstood that thread to mean that the greeting on the auto receptionist allowed dial by extension, but I now realize that it's the greeting for the IVR route option that does this. Thank you for your help!