Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Video is not converting

schutzschild
Newcomer
Newcomer

Hello together,

I have a problem with my recorded Zoom video. When I double-click the video it is not converting. Can somebody tell me how I can convert the video so that I can watch it?

Thank you.

5 REPLIES 5

Eliot
Community Champion | Zoom Partner
Community Champion | Zoom Partner

hi schutzschild,

Convert using the Zoom desktop client
For versions 4.6.10 or higher, you can't convert local recording files by double-clicking the Zoom files. You must follow the steps below to manually convert the files:

Sign in to the Zoom desktop client.
Click the Meetings tab.
Click the Recorded tab.
Select the meeting topic with the local recording.
Click Convert.

Troubleshooting local recording issues – Zoom Support

thanks,  eliot

When I open the desktop client I can't see my recorded file under "recorded". It says "no recorded meetings".

This is not working - I have updated to the latest version - its a critical meeting - I really need this recording - is there somewhere I can send the file to be converted? - been stalled here for a long time 

MatthewWhyatt_0-1691635109621.png

willjoe2442
Contributor I
Contributor I

If you close your laptop or turn off your computer while the recording is converting, it will stop the conversion process. If you change the name of the double_click_to_convert. zoom file(s) while the recorded meeting is converting, it may corrupt the file and not convert correctly.

Regards,

Will

I did not do the things you write. I didn't close anything and didn't change any name of the file.