cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recording with two hosts showing at once and not participants- using powerpoint

CharlieH
Newcomer
Newcomer

Hello, I am needing to record a presentation done using PowerPoint on zoom. There will be a co-host and I need both host and co-host videos (or rather thumbnails) to be shown on the side. However I cannot have any of the participants thumbnails showing at the same time in the recording. This is especially important for confidentialitya s this will be recorded and shared. So no other participants showing bu the host and co-host and the powerpoint presentation as the main screen. Can anyone help? Ive done everything from pinning to spotlighting t o changing my setting in the backend, nothing is working and my $250 a year to zoom still makes me ineligible for help...;-/

6 REPLIES 6

Humashankar
Community Champion | Customer

Hi @CharlieH 

You're right,

unchecked 'Automatically adjust microphone volume' sometimes doesn't prevent Zoom from boosting your mic gain, try other possibilities like - Disable Exclusive Mode / Conflicting Settings by choosing "Properties." Under the "Levels" tab to ensure the microphone volume is set to your preference and not boosted

Warm Regards

Huma

CharlieH
Newcomer
Newcomer

Think you may be replying to a different post.  My question wasn’t about a microphone or sound 

Humashankar

Regret for the inconvenience caused, yes my solution is for a different use case.

Huma

No worries. Any solutions for my problem?

Humashankar

Hi @CharlieH 

I can situate your use case –

Zoom presentation with just the host and co-host thumbnails alongside the PowerPoint slides is what you are trying to achieve.

As we aware there is no readily solution for this inside Zoom.

While pinning and spotlighting can control what participants see, it doesn't translate directly to the recording.

Try this possibility to see whether it will fulfill yours or not?

Download and install a virtual background app that allows customization.

• Change your Zoom settings to allow virtual backgrounds, and then pick the custom backgrounds you made to use during your video calls
  • Both the host and co-host create special virtual backgrounds for their video calls. These backgrounds include a small video window of themselves alongside the presentation screen.

Hope this helps - Happy to help further!!
Thank you very much and have a great one!
Warm regards

Huma

CharlieH
Newcomer
Newcomer

Anyone able to help?