cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I DON'T WANT ZOOM WORKPLACE - how do I turn it off?

drecdevine
Participant
Participant

I went into my Zoom today, which I use for personal reasons to stay in touch with family. I opened on my desktop, per usual, signed in, and it immediately took me to "Zoom Workplace" and all my scheduled meetings were gone. I had to go onto Zoom's website and login to my account there in order to find them. 

I do not want Zoom workplace.  I do not want to be charged for Zoom workplace. I don't want to have to sign in through the website. If I find out I'm being charged extra for a service I neither wanted nor use, I'm cancelling my account and moving to another online meeting platform. 

Does anyone know how to switch back, or have experienced this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

storyhub
Community Champion | Customer

GOOD NEWS EVERYONE!!! Your recurring meetings are NOT GONE! In the meetings tab look at the very bottom of the window and you will see a link that says "Recurring (XX)" (where XX is the number of recurring meetings).

Zoom Workplace is simply the latest version of Zoom and offers numerous features in part includes to manage chatting before, during, and after, scheduling, calendaring, starting, and editing meetings.

View solution in original post

123 REPLIES 123

zujiang
Explorer
Explorer

this new UI/UX design of Zoom workplace for Windows is very bad, together comes with many bugs here and there, cannot image how such a famous software with such poor quality can pass all the test and eventually gave the very bad experience to its loyal customers.  a few bugs: no sound alert and pop-up window when a participant  enters the waiting room, share the sound is not working with many music app, when zoom workspace is launched, other music app will lost the sound. Besides very hard to find the recurring meetings, the worst part is if you edit your recurring meeting, it will disappear from the list. No end meeting button if you are still sharing the screen ....

storyhub

Sound alert works and is still managed in the Participant Window menu.

Share the sound works fine, it is managed slightly better. See:

https://support.zoom.com/hc/en/article?id=zm_kb&sysparm_article=KB0063608

If it appears that Zoom is overriding an app you may need to configure the audio for the output device to not take exclusive control or find other ways to manage the audio. As a sound engineer I can tell you that audio is the most complex system in most computers and there are many ways and many settings that are possible. I have never had an issue with playing background sounds in Zoom, but that may be because of the way I manage the Windows settings and the apps I use.

For the end meeting button while you are sharing go to More > show meeting windows - end button is lower right corner or you can click the X in the upper right corner and click end meeting for all.

zujiang
Explorer
Explorer

the zoom software team need to action fast to fix those bugs

TheRones
Explorer
Explorer

I HATE this new version.  It's incredibly glitchy on my PC and it's already affected meeting with clients!!  This is unacceptable.  Is there a way to downgrade or revert back to the previous version?

cbowden
Newcomer
Newcomer

Zoom Workplace sucks! Please restore the old version - might as well move to Teams now! 

I can't find anyplace that shows Workplace settings. 

curlupwkelli
Newcomer
Newcomer

how to delete zoom workplace hate it want it back to the og version?

ddenison-johst
Newcomer
Newcomer

Had to disable google calendar zoom extensions to get persistent reoccuring meetings to work right again.

seayak
Newcomer
Newcomer

The last thing I need is another calendar. I manage Zoom meetings through calendar invites, that I view in a calendar app. I DEFINITELY want to turn off the massive calendar view in the "new" Zoom. I just want video calls, thank you, stop competing to me more than that!

Kim24
Newcomer
Newcomer

ANOTHER MAJOR PROBLEM -- I did not get the Low System Resources warnings for the last six months or so and am getting them now, with fewer items open. VERY FRUSTRATING!!!

helengabel
Newcomer
Newcomer

I too, would love to revert to the old version.  This one is always saying the connection is unstable, and I'm having the same "disappearing meeting" issues that others have reported.  Please, how does one get OUT of Zoom Workplace??

coachsteele99
Newcomer
Newcomer

zoom workplace is an unnecessary complication to a formerly great program. I'd love to have the original back. Is there anyway to do. I'd hate to go to Skype or Google meetings.

RA5594
Explorer
Explorer

Has anyone had any luck contacting Zoom to Get out of the Zoom workplace.  It is Horrible! I tried their chatbot...they do not understand my question.  I tried calling but you need to pay more money to get to speak with someone.  I am ready to cancel.

I have had no luck unless you want to pay more $.  I received a message today after my comment over a week ago.  Asking that we try... I do not care for the platform and am looking at other alternatives.

MGSR
Community Moderator | Employee

Hello there,

We understand your concern about being comfortable and accustomed to the old interface. The Zoom Workplace update includes several enhancements and optimizations aimed at improving the user's experience and security. We highly encourage users to explore and utilize these new features to maximize your Zoom experience.

Mark
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

Apparently, I am not the only one who things your upgrades are not acceptable.  I have heard so many complaints and many are looking for alternatives.  You should have two platforms.  I do not care about your upgrades for the workplace...

Your platform stinks. It is no longer user friendly. Some of us have difficulty seeing and now I can't even see the meeting listed on my screen.  On to another company. You don't even give us notice what you are changing and this has affected by business now since I couldn't find the meetings.  Very disappointment and I will not recommend you. Good bye!

This has NOTHING to do with being comfortable with the new interface - IT SIMPLY DOES NOT WORK. My recurring meetings are still there, but none of my regular meetings are there. I have Zoom connected in Google Workspace and add the Zoom link in the meeting entry and suddenly those meetings are not showing in Zoom anywhere like they used to. The other day it was showing some but not others and now it's not showing ANY. I reconnected Google Calendar in Zoom Workspace but it was SO ANNOYING to get two notifications for everything so I disconnected it. And I'm irritated that I pay money for Zoom but apparently not enough to get chat support. I've filed TWO tickets about this with ZERO RESPONSE. I'm about to CANCEL my account and just go with Google Meet.

MGSR

Hello @execwranglers 

We understand your frustration and we're sorry for any inconvenience.

You can check out @CarlaA's answer in this post Meetings vanished to have the Meetings accessible on your Navigation Menu.

Let us know if you need further assistance. 

Mark
Zoom Community Team

THAT DID NOT WORK.

MGSR

I'm sorry to hear that. We'll send you DM.

Mark
Zoom Community Team

How many complaints do you need to give us the option of using the original?

There are probably hundreds more who have simple switched to other platforms. 

We ALL hate it. What part of WE ALL HATE IT and it's not working for us is hard for you to understand. I don't need all those bells and whistles. It's probably fabulous for someone, but I just use it for small one on one meetings and I don't need all that stuff. Please give us the option of going back to the simpler version. 

I have not been able to go back to the old format...The explanation from management is appalling.   I am currently reviewing other meeting options.  

I don't get Zoom...I guess they want the regular people who helped them grow to where they now today are to leave.  

execwranglers
Explorer
Explorer

My recurring meetings are still there, but none of my regular meetings are there. I have Zoom connected in Google Workspace and add the Zoom link in the meeting entry and suddenly those meetings are not showing in Zoom anywhere like they used to. The other day it was showing some but not others and now it's not showing ANY. I reconnected Google Calendar in Zoom Workspace but it was SO ANNOYING to get two notifications for everything so I disconnected it. And I'm irritated that I pay money for Zoom but apparently not enough to get chat support. I've filed TWO tickets about this with ZERO RESPONSE. I'm about to CANCEL my account and just go with Google Meet.

JodyBaxmeyer
Newcomer
Newcomer

It's garbage and doesn't work. Since Zoom switched to workplace it conflicts with our audio board and doesn't work.

execwranglers
Explorer
Explorer

Yeah their lack of support or even willingness to understand that there are MANY issues with the rollout is frustrating. I'm planning to cancel and use something else ASAP. Perhaps they're arrogant and don't think there are other services that would replace them.

aakuder
Explorer
Explorer

I canceled -- if only to express my displeasure --  and was informed that there is no prorated refund; my service will continue until my subscription ends in April of 2025! 

Sususu
Newcomer
Newcomer

Let me add my voice to the chorus of WE HATE IT.  They are trying to take over both my calendar and my email.  First ability to save meetings to iCal disappeared.  I barely stayed on after that.  I do not want to have to start using either google calendar or god forbid zoom calendar in order to use zoom.  now it is not even letting me send meeting invites from my regular email, but is forcing them through some "zmail" account that I never set up and DO NOT WANT.  For the meeting I recently reluctantly attempted to schedule through this mess of a new platform, I did not successfully share the meeting link (through the dreaded email) even though I thought I did, and when the meeting  time came I was unable to initiate the meeting.  leaving me looking like an idiot.  I am a zoom subscriber and use it for work, and have successfully used it for 4 years while integrating it into my regular workflow using ical and my own email addresses.  With this move, zoom is trying to take over and change entire workflow.  They are billing this as some sort of convenience, but it's a land grab and it is NOT WORKING.  if I cant go back to regular zoom and use it with my existing workflows I will not renew subscription.  

KimJ
Newcomer
Newcomer

I don't want Zoom Workplace! I can't send emails from outlook, i have to go into Zoom to send them. Someone tell me how to get back to the old version of Zoom. Workplace is broken and it is destroying my workflow each day. Telling us how to find recurring meetings is NOT an answer. How di i get rid of workplace and just have good old Zoom? 

Canttakeit
Newcomer
Newcomer
  • This is crazy When I have a meeting that I host, the members click in, but it tells them that it's waiting for the meeting to start!!! It's has started but I don't get notification of the waiting room. So I go to the phone, open ZOOM and switch from my phone to my surfac pro and then I'm able to see the waiting room. This doesn't make sense. How am I to have a meeting when the people can't evem get into the meeting????

Launcewit
Newcomer
Newcomer

Zoom Workplace is a hot mess.  I've given up trying to set up recurring or scheduled meetings until they restore the old functionality.  All my recurring meetings stopped working and I can't reliably set up new ones.

MGSR

Hello there,

I’m sorry for the trouble you’ve had. Your feedback is important to us. Please check this article on how to submit your feedback; it will be sent to the right team.

Thank you for your understanding and patience. 

Mark
Zoom Community Team

agwebs
Newcomer
Newcomer

I don't want zoom in my email except to schedule meetings. I do not want notifications and I certainly don't want to access my email through zoom. How do I remove this email tab from workplace and stop getting intruding notifications when I get email?

Apparently getting zoom out of my email is not an option. I have been a customer long before COVID and I am sorry to say I will need to find an alternative to zoom. I really think this setup is very invasive and the only thing I can do about it is leave feedback. Which solves nothing.

ReluctantITGuy
Newcomer
Newcomer

It's a pity @storyhub  ignored your actual question. My customers are screaming bloody hell about it, and can't even start scheduled meetings because Zoom's PTB are trying to make it impossible to share(?)...

QA, focus groups and actual product management are dying off to benefit...? Profit?

lwrightson
Newcomer
Newcomer

I have spent hours trying to figure out how to use the so called "upgrade" called Workspace. For the past four years, I have had my zoom meeting list in my Apple Contacts and I simply sent an email to the "list" on my computer each week for the weekly meeting. However, my "list" disappeared from my Contacts on my computer (Did Zoom AI delete it?). What a poor migration of an unwanted upgrade. I pay for a subscription and for the past four years, it has been great. I don't need AI for this simple task. Zoom appears to adding features that don't interest my needs. I may be going back to FaceTime or Teams if this continues to be more complicated than necessary for my needs. I just want to hold my weekly discussion with 8 to 10 people (for years we did it with an 800# conference call...zoom added the image to the voice...but, surely they've made it more complicated than it needs to be.

Sandyg500
Explorer
Explorer

I think I've found the problem with non-recurring future meetings not showing up in the Meetings list! They are not gone, but there is a problem with the date range picker at the top of the meetings list. You can't expand it (mine is only showing one month). But if I go into the date picker and select the date of a known meeting (or any date), then that one day's meetings display.

This is really a bad bug that's showing up in the latest update (and hopefully they'll fix this SOON), but at least you know your meetings aren't gone, and you can get to them to be able to start them by accessing them this way. Hope this helps.

ReluctantITGuy
Newcomer
Newcomer

Apparently QA & focus groups for the PDMs is now the most expensive step in software dev, and can easily be ignored. Feed the masses to the forums, eh? 

Advice: If you can't take care of the big things, then you aren't taking care of the little things.

Something to remember: A proper release-one that causes no waves in the user community-is one that is actually thought out, and marketed/Advertised in advance to anticipate these objections and confusion. A release that looks half-*ss, with screaming customers, is a release that was not thought out, had no anticipation of user confusion, and increases animosity between product managers and user base-flooding the forums with negative sentiment.

Think that doesn't matter? People make monetary choices that directly contribute to all your salaries (yes, CEO too), and those choices are based on ratings, feedback, and user/support community sentiment. Your decision to ignore all of these things directly impacts your income, profits, opportunities for growth, and sale price in a parachute exit.

You are quite literally drilling holes in your own row boat.

What those of us that are business owners are curious about, is "Why you would willingly choose this path?"