cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help Needed: Removing Notification Bubble on Shared Screen in Zoom (Dual Monitor Setup)

Eele0598
Newcomer
Newcomer

TL;DR: Sharing my screen on Zoom using a dual monitor setup, but a notification bubble keeps appearing when hands are raised on my shared content displayed on the secondary monitor. Seeking advice on how to remove this notification bubble and enjoy uninterrupted screen sharing.

I'm facing an annoying issue while sharing my screen on Zoom. I hope someone here can help me find a solution or provide some guidance.

The Problem:

Whenever I share my screen on Zoom, the shared content appears on my secondary monitor. (The shared content is also displayed onto projection screens for an auditorium.) Unfortunately, there is an intrusive notification bubble that keeps popping up when participants raise their hand. It's become quite frustrating as it disrupts the seamless experience I'm aiming for during presentations or collaborative sessions. The appearance of this notification bubble began about a week ago.

What I'm Looking For:

I'm seeking assistance to remove this notification bubble from my shared screen on Zoom. Ideally, I want my shared content to display without any distractions or interruptions. 

Please keep in mind that I'm using the Zoom desktop application (5.14.10) on a dual monitor setup, and my shared content is being displayed on the secondary screen.

Thank you in advance for your time and assistance. I'm looking forward to hearing your suggestions and experiences!

1 REPLY 1

AaronO
Contributor I
Contributor I

Hi Eele0598,

I'm not sure if there is a way to turn off the notification that pops up, but you can turn of letting people react with emoji's completely.

Got to your web settings by opening the Zoom app, click on the Gear just below your profile image

AaronO_0-1689268022056.png

Then under General at the bottom, choose View More Settings to launch the web settings.

AaronO_1-1689268054561.png

Then select Settings on the left tab > In meeting (basic) > New meeting chat experience > then turn off "Allow participants to react to meeting chat messages using emojis

AaronO_2-1689268169628.png

Not sure if there is a better way, but this should work, especially if you don't care to use the emojis anyway.