cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bug report for 6.1.0: Computer Audio can't be shared

TakaZZ
Newcomer
Newcomer

Here is a bug report for Ver.6.1.0. It can’t share the computer audio from outside source.

My setting is like [external music player]----USB cable---[Windows PC].  Then, set the USB device’s sound property as “Listen to this device” so that I can hear the music from the on-PC speaker.

With this setting, I could share the music with guest by “Share Computer Audio” unlit Ver.6.1.0 update. However, the music can’t be shared with Ver.6.1.0.  By the way, music playing on the PC, such as by iTunes, still can be shared. This problem is only for the external sound source from USB.

I have confirmed this problem at least 3 different PCs, HP Note PC (Windows10 Home), Dell note PC (Windows11 Pro), and HP Note PC (Windows11 Home premium). For all PC, the problem diapered when I roll back zoom version.

7 REPLIES 7

MGSR
Community Moderator | Employee

Hello @TakaZZ 

I'm sorry for the late response. 

Kindly update your app to the 6.1.1 version and let us know if the issue persists.

Have a great day!

Mark
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

Hello Mark,

Thanks for your response. I have updated to the 6.1.1 but the problem is not slived, unfortunately.

Again, when I roll back zoom version to Ver. 6.0.4, it works perfectly.

So I think the newest version has the same bug.....

I'm on 6.1.1 and I'm experiencing the same issue on my Mac. I'm not able to share any computer sound EVEN while using the Apps within Zoom. No sound from the browser or videos can be played in the Zoom meetings. 

JayFree
Newcomer
Newcomer

I'm experiencing the same issue on my Mac. I'm not able to share any computer sound EVEN while using the Apps within Zoom. No sound from the browser or videos can be played in the Zoom meetings. 

MGSR

Hello @TakaZZ and @JayFree 

I'm sorry for the late response and inconvenience.

You can follow the steps on this article on Sharing background music or computer audio on Zoom.

Let us know if you need further assistance. 

Mark
Zoom Community Team

Hello Mark,

I know. That's exactly what I have  been doing until today. Then, I'm telling you the steps shown in the link does work on Zoom Ver. 6.0.4 but doesn't work on Ver. 6.1.0 and 6.1.1.

See my original message for my set up. You can easily reproduce same set up by your own PC then you will see the same issue. Please get an external sound source and reproduce the set up.

MGSR

Hello @TakaZZ,

Sorry for the late reply. It looks like the issue might be related to copyright.

Although we're not currently able to recreate this issue, more in-depth troubleshooting may be done by opening a ticket with our Technical Support team. You can sign in to your Zoom account and visit https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362003 to view your available support options based on your account type.

May I also suggest using the Zoom Music app? It can be integrated into your Zoom app to help with sharing music seamlessly; you can find more details in this post.

Thank you, and have a great day.

Mark
Zoom Community Team