cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Black Squares while Sharing Screen

ddado
Newcomer
Newcomer

When I share my screen, everyone see's black squares spread across. 

I converted the PPT to PDF and used other platforms to try to share so it seems like an update issue. 

I turned off Use hardware acceleration to optimize video sharing. Anything else I should try?

8 REPLIES 8

Brian100
Explorer
Explorer

We're having same issue on Windows machines -- started about 2 weeks ago. Multiple users having this problem. 

aileenfelix
Zoom Employee
Zoom Employee

Hi Team - The first thing I would recommend is to make sure your Zoom app is on the latest version. (Click on your profile picture > Click on “Check for updates”)

Once the Zoom App is updated, please try to see if you’re going to experience the same issue.

If the issue persists, please try to double-check if “optimize for video" is checked when you do screen share.  Zoom recommends disabling this option when not sharing a video, as this will make static text and images distorted. 

Also saw this Community post (https://community.zoom.com/t5/Zoom-Meetings/Black-Box-while-screen-share/m-p/60077) and read that one of our customers has identified that a product called “snagit” was the culprit for them and after turning the snagit capture widget off, it fixed their issue.

MGSR
Community Moderator | Employee

Hi @ddado!

Did you see the previous response from @aileenfelix?
If it has resolved your inquiry, please press Accept as Solution.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Have a great day!

Mark
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

Brian100
Explorer
Explorer

Yes, we've seen the MANY mentions of this issue and the suggested fixes are not currently resolving the issue.

MGSR

Hello @Brian100 

Thank you for the response. On your desktop app, try going to Settings > Share Screen > Advance, and then on Screen capture mode, you can try the options that would best fit your device when screen sharing

Screenshot 2024-08-06 at 2.26.00 AM.png

Mark
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

Brian100
Explorer
Explorer

Not tracking on your suggestion to "try the options that would best fit your device when screen sharing".  We've been sharing screens for years with no issue, but not having this problem.  What is the recommended option to allow us to once again share an application screen without the boxes covering up things?

Hi Brian100 - I'm sorry to hear these options didn't work for you. If you've already tried the recommendations and it didn't work, I would recommend that you engage our Technical Support team by creating a tech case through this link. Our tech team should be able to fully investigate what's causing this and provide the appropriate fix. Thank you.

jameswinter
Newcomer
Newcomer

I fixed the issue for myself - there's a setting inside Advanced Screen Sharing for screen capture mode. I tried all of them, and "Secure Share with Window Filtering" fixed my issue. I don't have permission to upload the screenshot, but the path is: Settings -> Share Screen -> Advanced -> Screen capture mode -> Secure Share with Window Filtering