cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to record one specific participant?

_Eniko_
Newcomer
Newcomer

Hello, my all-time problem without a solution (yet)

- If I have a 1-to-1 meeting, and I'd like to record only the window of the host, how to do it? The meeting is in gallery mode, and even if I set cloud recording / speaker mode, the video jumps to the other participant if he/she asks something. Do I have such an option that I'd like to record the host and no one else, even if anyone else is asking something?

- And the same with more participants: even if the host is spotlighted, the video will show also the others when they make a noise.

Summarized: The actions/speeches of the host should be recorded, full screen, without jumping to other participants, and also independently from the actual meeting's gallery or speaker mode.

Thank you very much if you have a viable suggestion!

(Currently all I can do is record in gallery view and later cropping the host window, but even with 1 guest it is half of full size, with more guests it's tiny...)

3 REPLIES 3

colegs
Community Champion | Employee

@_Eniko_ - The "proper" solution would be to record in Active Speaker mode, and spotlight the host.  There have been some issues with the Spotlight recording, but I am only aware of it not spotlighting multiple speakers, not with it changing between speakers.  Make sure your cloud recording settings include recording the active speaker separately.  

colegs_0-1723211679454.png

If you are saying that is not working for you, I can validation on my side, but the short term solution is to either pin or spotlight the host and record locally since that will record the screen exactly as you see it on your machine.

Hello, thank you for the suggestion.

First problem, with one guest I don't have spotlight option, only pin. I don't want to see myself pinned during the session 🙂 but anyway, with pin it doesn't work, the speakers are changing in the recorded window.

The other thing I don't understand is: in the cloud I am requesting the active speaker and the gallery recording, both. The gallery is 1280x720 HD which is good, but if I have to crop the speaker later in a separate editor program, half of size is lost. But if I record active speaker mode, the size of the one recorded window is only 640x360.

(To be clear, the situation is: if I'm hosting a class, I'd like to see the participants, 1 or more, but I want myself as host recorded, to send the recording of my activity to those who couldn't be there online live. The other participants don't want to be seen in the recording. If my audio can be recorded separate, which is great, why cannot be the video of my webcam, too?)

Thank you if you can offer me a solution!

colegs

@_Eniko_ - If there are only the 2 of you, the only option would be to create a local recording with the speaker pinned since that will record the meeting as you see it.