cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AI Companion tool not showing in Whiteboard

garchow1
Listener

I'm using a Zoom Pro account, and although I can enable and use the other AI Companion tools, the AI Companion button does not appear when I'm working in a whiteboard. I've tried following the Support Center steps to enable it, but when I go to Account Management > Account Settings > AI Companion, there is no Whiteboard area. I only see Meeting, Recording, Team Chat, and Mail & Calendar. 

Has anyone else experienced this? Any suggestions on what might be going wrong here? Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @garchow1 

Discussed this with the Whiteboard team and found out the support article was missing an important prerequisite to use WB Content Generation with AI Companion. The support article now clarifies that this feature requires either a Zoom Whiteboard or Whiteboard Plus add-on, in addition to having a paid Zoom account. 

Let me know if that explains why you are missing the option, and if you do have this add-on and still don't see the option in settings, let me know and I can look into this further for you! 

Otherwise, make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Bort

Hi @garchow1 

Looking into this for you and will get back to you when I have an answer. 

Bort

Hi @garchow1 

Discussed this with the Whiteboard team and found out the support article was missing an important prerequisite to use WB Content Generation with AI Companion. The support article now clarifies that this feature requires either a Zoom Whiteboard or Whiteboard Plus add-on, in addition to having a paid Zoom account. 

Let me know if that explains why you are missing the option, and if you do have this add-on and still don't see the option in settings, let me know and I can look into this further for you! 

Otherwise, make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

Ok, I added the Zoom Whiteboard add-on to my account, and under Account Management > Account Settings > AI Companion I've enabled Whiteboard Content Generation with AI Companion. I then went under User Management and assigned the license to myself. But I'm still not seeing the AI Companion tool show up in the Zoom app or when I create a new whiteboard through the Web interface. Am I missing some other piece?

Bort

Hi @garchow1 

Not sure why it wouldn't appear for you. I just tested and was able to see the option when viewing a Whiteboard in the web portal and through the desktop client. Is this Whiteboard one you are the owner of of, or was this shared with you? 

garchow1
Listener

Ah ok, that makes sense then. Thanks!