cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AI Companion Questions - "audio transcripts for non-recorded meetings"?

JamesBell
Listener
" Audio transcripts for non-recorded meetings are stored temporarily in order for Zoom to provide the service and support to customers." 

Can we ask Zoom the following: 

1. What does Zoom mean by "audio transcripts for non-recorded meetings"?  In other words, what is Zoom capturing and storing when the Meeting Summary tool is enabled but the Zoom call is not "recorded."  Is it an audio file?  Video files? Chats, screen shares?  

2. Do we have the ability to customize the "Meeting Summary has been enabled" notification pictured in the email below? - in which case, we would likely want to let users know the extent to which aspects of the meeting will be recorded and stored.    

3. How long does Zoom save this content, where, and who has access to it?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @JamesBell 

Hopefully I can help answer these questions: 

1. While Smart Recording will analyze and add additional details to a cloud recording, the Meeting Summary and Question features don't actually require the meeting be recorded. When these features are active during a meeting, they transcribe the meeting discussions in realtime, generating a temporary transcript.  If they are not active during the meeting, then AI Companion has no access to any meeting content. 
  2. Custom emails and disclaimers are not currently supported, but may be available in the future. 
  3. As far as I know, these temporary transcripts are stored for about 24 hours before being automatically deleted. For more detailed security information, I'd recommend reading through the AI Companion Security and Privacy Whitepaper.

Hope that helps and let me know if you have any further questions. Otherwise, make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Bort

Hi @JamesBell 

Hopefully I can help answer these questions: 

1. While Smart Recording will analyze and add additional details to a cloud recording, the Meeting Summary and Question features don't actually require the meeting be recorded. When these features are active during a meeting, they transcribe the meeting discussions in realtime, generating a temporary transcript.  If they are not active during the meeting, then AI Companion has no access to any meeting content. 
  2. Custom emails and disclaimers are not currently supported, but may be available in the future. 
  3. As far as I know, these temporary transcripts are stored for about 24 hours before being automatically deleted. For more detailed security information, I'd recommend reading through the AI Companion Security and Privacy Whitepaper.

Hope that helps and let me know if you have any further questions. Otherwise, make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

Thank you for your quick response. I have approved Zoom for the company's use with caveats. 

Bort

Great to hear! The Meeting Summary feature has been a great addition to our recurring project meetings, so I hope it is as useful for your teams as well!

Let me know if you have any more questions!