cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Team Chat Audible Alert when Message Received

RoscherB
Listener

I am using Linux Version 5.13.11.  When I receive a text message via the Team Chat, I never receive an audible alert.

I have to look over at the Zoom app regularly in order to see if I have received a message and this is not practical.

Previous articles about this subject (posted over a year ago) say to check options that no longer exist in the app.

How can we make this happen in the latest versions of Linux?

Thank you!

8 REPLIES 8

WencesUnzueta
Community Champion | Customer

Hi Roshcerb

Within your desktop application, you enter the "settings" section, then in "team chat" and after that you will have different options to activate notifications, you can even activate the Zoom icon "jump" every time you receive a notification notification

Wences

WencesUnzueta

WencesUnzueta_0-1678391119353.png

Wences

Thank you for your reply.  Attached is a picture of my Team Chat settings in English and I have PUSH NOTIFICATIONS set to ALL MESSAGE but I do not receive an audible alert (and my speakers are working and utilized when meeting with Zoom.us).

WencesUnzueta

Can you check if you have the latest Zoom update?

Wences

RoscherB
Listener

Hi Wences,

I just checked and it says "YOU ARE UP TO DATE". 

I have:

Version 5.13.11 (1288)

Copyright 2012-2022 Zoom Video Communications, Inc.

Thanks!

I have the same issue. Were you ever able to resolve? Thx!

WencesUnzueta

Reviewing this situation, I have seen that several random users present this situation, we reported with direct Zoom support, it is probably a "bug" to be corrected in a future update.

Wences

samdobreva
Listener

Hi Dear Roshcerb,

Within your desktop application, you enter the "settings" section, then in "team chat" and after that you will have different options to activate notifications, you can even activate the Zoom icon "jump" every time you receive a notification.

Sam Dobreva