cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic updates for iPad room controller

jv-UBM
Listener

We have our room controller iPads configured using Meraki MDM and kept the controller app open using the MDM-level single app mode. The downside to this is that the app cannot update until the app lock is disabled and the app itself is closed, and we want to automate this as much as possible. I have found and enabled the following settings in Zoom Admin:

• Room Management > Zoom Rooms > Account Settings
    • Autonomous Single App Mode 
      • I also made a test profile in MDM that allows ASAM to function, and confirmed that it does work after making sure the MDM lock is inactive
    • Allow to update the apps directly from the room
  • Device Management > Device List > Account Settings
    • Automatically update app - Zoom Rooms

Last night I received a notification that one of the test profile iPads had rebooted, but when I checked it this morning the app version had not updated. Is there a setting I'm missing? Do the iPads need to be enrolled in ZDM for automatic updates/restarts to run, and if so is ZDM capable of running alongside MDM or would we have to convert the devices to only use ZDM? Support documentation doesn't cover Meraki, but based on what the steps for the other services are I would think that they'd be able to run jointly.

Additionally, under Device Management > Device List > Account Settings there's a setting for Weekly system restart, but the description references Zoom Phone Appliance - do room controllers fall under this as well?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jv-UBM
Listener

As of yet unable to find a streamlined solution, but this workaround does the job well enough: https://community.meraki.com/t5/Mobile-Device-Management/MDM-managed-iPads-for-Zoom-Rooms-controller... 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

jv-UBM
Listener

As of yet unable to find a streamlined solution, but this workaround does the job well enough: https://community.meraki.com/t5/Mobile-Device-Management/MDM-managed-iPads-for-Zoom-Rooms-controller...