cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom phone keeps dropping on desktop app but not android phone app

JacksonK
Listener

Hi there,

I have a user that is having issue with her zoom phone app. On the mac desktop app, after a couple of minutes on zoom phone, the call doesn't actually drop, but you can't hear her, and she would put herself on hold for a few seconds and then she eventually is able to be heard. 

This doesn't effect her android zoom phone app while she's on wifi as well. Both apps are updated. Was wondering any other troubleshooting steps I can do other than nuke her laptop?

10 REPLIES 10

BrandonS
Community Champion | Zoom Partner
Community Champion | Zoom Partner

Have you checked if software firewall is enabled?  Also, you might scan the applications and see if they have any other apps that might interfere, like VPN, other voip apps, anti-virus, etc.

Besides that, I would probably submit a trouble report through the app under help > report problem and include log files.

Ah ok, I will do that, thanks!

FORE-Craig
Community Champion | Customer

Hi @JacksonK 

Is she using a Bluetooth headset? 

Craig

She was using the internal mic, but she does have a bluetooth headset as well, but she wasn't using it during that time. She said it happens with both internal mic and bluetooth. 

FORE-Craig

Does she disconnect the Bluetooth headset in the Mac’s Bluetooth settings when not in use? 

Craig

good question, I will ask.

JacksonK
Listener

Actually wanted to include when I was chatting with her through zoom phone and experienced the issue she was having, anytime it acted up I got this notification on my end too. And I'm wondering why I wouldve received it as well when she was experiencing issues. I checked the call logs and the mos score is averaging above 4 for both of us so I'm not sure why it's happening.

JacksonK_0-1674067721401.png

FORE-Craig

Interesting! That would lead me to believe similarly to  @BrandonS that something is hogging her bandwidth or resources. Have you checked the Mac’s Activity Monitor to see what is running when it happens? 

Craig

I will check next time.

enielsen
Participant

If the android phone is using the same wifi as the desktop computer (hopefully is using wifi!), does the problem start happening on the cell phone? If the desktop is using ethernet, might still be a good comparison test to do though.