cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom Phone - User login API Call

ejeanch02
Listener

I would like to know if there is an API call to get Phone users list and last logged in to assess if users are using their phone account/license. 

10 REPLIES 10

FORE-Craig
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Hi @ejeanch02 

The last login is in the Get List User query:

https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/api-reference/zoom-api/methods/#operation/users

It is not specifically for Phone Users, since the login to Zoom is at the application level.

I hope that help!

Craig

Is there a way to differentiate between users who have zoom phone and those who do not?  I was also not sure of it would capture users who may solely use a physical phone and not the applicaton. 

enielsen
Participant

For using Zoom phone, probably want to look at the call log per person as one can use the Zoom app w/o using the Zoom Phone license.... 

But then one has to decide what indicates someone is using their license - only making calls as anyone can receive a spam call perhaps?

Eliot
Community Champion | Zoom Partner
Community Champion | Zoom Partner

hi ejeanch02,

if you have a business or education account, take a look at

Viewing the Zoom Phone usage and adoption dashboard – Zoom Support

thanks,  eliot

I have seen the dashboard but it is very limited. I want something more granular. How can I get a list of users who have made zero calls in the last 3 month ? 

I agree the call log might be ideal since It would be base and on user who have had specifically inbound calls. I could make a call for  /phone/call_logs. with direction outbound and  a time less then three month ago. 

Question :

Would it capture users who did not make any outbound and have that a null ?

Does that capture the last outbound call or would have have users in the list who have made recent calls? 

enielsen
Participant

No, you would have to do a call to get a list of all zoom phone users, and then see who isn't in the call log

enielsen
Participant

The call log would have all zoom phone users whether using physical or zoom app for calls.

I'm sure there is some API call to get the zoom phone licensed users, though perhaps have to get all users and look at each to see what license they have? And then for each of the Zoom phone users, get their extension to cross check against the call log.

I've been doing this by exporting the zoom user list and the call logs and using a simple shell script to cross check as haven't gotten around to learning the API yet.

there is not as much API for zoom phone yet. would you be open to sharing your shell script and what are you using as a reference to diff? 

when you export the csv file the format for the users list and call log list differ. 

enielsen
Participant

LoL, as an old time unix user, I just write these things on the fly usually.

Basically export the Zoom Phone user list (and Zoom Phone Common Area Phone list?) as then the call logs for the period you are investigating. Probably only want the call log to show outbound calls since no control over inbound calls?

In a script or manually, use cut or csvcut to pull out the list of extensions from the user/cap phone list. Or use a spreadsheet for that matter!

Then write a script that grep's for each extension in the call log and counts the number of lines matched. 

Alternatively, could use cut/csvcut to pull out the extensions from the call log and pipe it through uniq -c to get the counts per extension, then cross match it with the list of all extensions.