cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two users have different time zones on Phone records

tfiske
Listener

Hi, I have come across two users so far who show different time zones on their phone records than on their user records.

We are in Eastern time. Their records under User Management both show Eastern time. Their records under Phone System Management show Pacific time, and it is not editable. Is this setting made some where else?

Todd

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I wasn't looking at History, just the user profile tab under phone management.

I emailed my customer support rep and she gave me the fix: just set the value in the Users record to something else, save it, then set it back to the right timezone, and save again. That has fixed it for the cases I've seen. Thanks for your suggestions though!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

enielsen
Participant

A user's time zone is set in the Zoom user profile (not in the Zoom Phone user section) - have you double checked there?

If is a common area phone, the time zone is set in the Zoom Phone common area phone section.

tfiske
Listener

Hi enielsen,

Thank you for your reply, but that's exactly what I'm saying.

In the user's profile under User Management, where it is editable, it shows the correct time zone.

tfiske_0-1680205024321.png

In the user's record under Phone Management, where it is not editable, it shows the wrong time zone.

tfiske_1-1680205089497.png

It is not a Common Area phone. I have two users that I've seen this happen to so far.

I'm wondering how this happens and how to fix it. Thanks!

Todd

So if you are looking at their History tab in Phone System Management/Users&Rooms/Users/USERNAME, the time zone used will be your time zone.

So if you are the one seeing this, confirm that your time zone is correctly set in Admin/User Management. I have to admit that I'm not 100% sure it uses that time zone, could also be the time zone of the browser now that I think about it.

Is it the case that you are seeing this rather than the users?

I wasn't looking at History, just the user profile tab under phone management.

I emailed my customer support rep and she gave me the fix: just set the value in the Users record to something else, save it, then set it back to the right timezone, and save again. That has fixed it for the cases I've seen. Thanks for your suggestions though!

enielsen
Participant

I have to say I dislike that type of solution as seems like there is an underlying problem that needs to get fixed and could come back at any time. Good to know in case I ever run into this one.....

tfiske
Listener

I agree, I would prefer to know that cause too.

My guess is that that value is empty in those phone profiles and for whatever reason, it is showing a system default, and not the value from the user profile, and not a default for our company.

If I ever learn more about it, I will update the post here.